Ailing Casey Kasem nearing death, according to wife
- Photo: DE1/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: Invision/AP2 of 9
- Photo: Getty Images North America3 of 9
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 9
- Photo: ERIC JAMISON/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: M. Caulfield/WireImage/Getty Images North America6 of 9
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP7 of 9
- Photo: REX Features/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- '24's' Joel Surnow on Directorial Debut 'Small Time:' &MSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:48:00 PM
- 'Mad Men' Final Season Wish-List: What Don Draper's Fate Should Be (GuestMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:22:00 PM
- The Biz: PBS Celebrates Music's Hall of FAME With Muscle ShoalsMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:17:00 PM
- Lara Spencer Promoted to Co-Host on Good Morning AmericaMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 1:36:00 PM
- Exclusive: Luke Perry Heads to Hot in ClevelandMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 1:22:00 PM
- '24's' Joel Surnow on Directorial Debut 'Small Time:' &
Beloved radio personality Casey Kasem only has a few months left to live as he battles Parkinson's disease and early onset dementia, according to his wife.
Kasem's second spouse, Jean, made the revelation in court papers on Friday, as she responded to a lawsuit filed against the couple by its former housekeeper and caregiver Hilda Loza, who alleges she was mistreated during her employment.
RELATED: Most expensive weddings
Jean did not attend Friday's hearing, but in documents lodged by her lawyer, she claimed, "My husband is terminally ill and unable to leave home."
She went on to request a continuance for a few months to allow "the situation to resolve or end, unfortunately," suggesting Kasem is close to death.
Jean got her wish as the judge threw out Loza's lawsuit, ruling that the former housekeeper had failed to properly serve the Kasems with the legal action, reports TMZ.
The case dismissal will come as a relief for Jean, who is already locked in a court battle with her ailing husband's children from his previous marriage over his medical care.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
Kasem's adult kids, Kerri, Julie and Mike, are seeking a conservatorship amid allegations their stepmother has banned them from visiting their dad as his health deteriorates.
Last week, a Los Angeles judge refused to issue an emergency conservatorship and instead ordered an independent review of the star's medical care.
Kim Kardashian, Emma Stone, and Solange Knowles all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Lena Dunham, and Anne Hathaway all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Kristin Davis, and Emma Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite