Ailing Casey Kasem nearing death, according to wife
- Photo: DE1/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: Invision/AP2 of 9
- Photo: Getty Images North America3 of 9
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 9
- Photo: ERIC JAMISON/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: M. Caulfield/WireImage/Getty Images North America6 of 9
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP7 of 9
- Photo: REX Features/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Box Office: Lucy Tops HerculesMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Storms Japan but 'Dawn of the Planet of Apes' Rules WMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:47:00 PM
- 'Following' Producers, Stars Reveal Alternate Season 2 Ending, Preview 'RMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:46:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 3:17 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:17:05 PM
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the fantasyMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:16:57 PM
- Box Office: Lucy Tops Hercules
Beloved radio personality Casey Kasem only has a few months left to live as he battles Parkinson's disease and early onset dementia, according to his wife.
Kasem's second spouse, Jean, made the revelation in court papers on Friday, as she responded to a lawsuit filed against the couple by its former housekeeper and caregiver Hilda Loza, who alleges she was mistreated during her employment.
RELATED: Most expensive weddings
Jean did not attend Friday's hearing, but in documents lodged by her lawyer, she claimed, "My husband is terminally ill and unable to leave home."
She went on to request a continuance for a few months to allow "the situation to resolve or end, unfortunately," suggesting Kasem is close to death.
Jean got her wish as the judge threw out Loza's lawsuit, ruling that the former housekeeper had failed to properly serve the Kasems with the legal action, reports TMZ.
The case dismissal will come as a relief for Jean, who is already locked in a court battle with her ailing husband's children from his previous marriage over his medical care.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
Kasem's adult kids, Kerri, Julie and Mike, are seeking a conservatorship amid allegations their stepmother has banned them from visiting their dad as his health deteriorates.
Last week, a Los Angeles judge refused to issue an emergency conservatorship and instead ordered an independent review of the star's medical care.
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite