Ailing Casey Kasem nearing death, according to wife
- Photo: DE1/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: Invision/AP2 of 9
- Photo: Getty Images North America3 of 9
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 9
- Photo: ERIC JAMISON/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: M. Caulfield/WireImage/Getty Images North America6 of 9
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP7 of 9
- Photo: REX Features/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Greta Van Susteren Answers 'Snooty' Column About Jill Abramson InterviewMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 6:55:00 AM
- Coroner: Peaches Geldof Died of Heroin OverdoseMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 6:49:00 AM
- 'White House Down's' Garcelle Beauvais to Star in TV One Original Movie &MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 6:00:00 AM
- Naya Rivera marries in secretMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 5:18:36 AM
- Lisa Kudrow Tracks Down a New Season of TLC's Who Do You Think You Are?MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 4:01:00 AM
- Greta Van Susteren Answers 'Snooty' Column About Jill Abramson Interview
Beloved radio personality Casey Kasem only has a few months left to live as he battles Parkinson's disease and early onset dementia, according to his wife.
Kasem's second spouse, Jean, made the revelation in court papers on Friday, as she responded to a lawsuit filed against the couple by its former housekeeper and caregiver Hilda Loza, who alleges she was mistreated during her employment.
RELATED: Most expensive weddings
Jean did not attend Friday's hearing, but in documents lodged by her lawyer, she claimed, "My husband is terminally ill and unable to leave home."
She went on to request a continuance for a few months to allow "the situation to resolve or end, unfortunately," suggesting Kasem is close to death.
Jean got her wish as the judge threw out Loza's lawsuit, ruling that the former housekeeper had failed to properly serve the Kasems with the legal action, reports TMZ.
The case dismissal will come as a relief for Jean, who is already locked in a court battle with her ailing husband's children from his previous marriage over his medical care.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
Kasem's adult kids, Kerri, Julie and Mike, are seeking a conservatorship amid allegations their stepmother has banned them from visiting their dad as his health deteriorates.
Last week, a Los Angeles judge refused to issue an emergency conservatorship and instead ordered an independent review of the star's medical care.
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Sofia Vergara to Zac Efron, check out who's coupling up on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite