Alexa Ray Joel on her dad: 'He deserves to be respected'
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com2 of 6
- Photo: STEVE SANDS/Bauer-Griffin3 of 6
- Photo: Julie Jacobson/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Phase 4 Films Seals Financing Deal With Aver Media Finance (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 10:55:00 AM
- 'Twilight,' 'Iron Man 3' Lead First Wave of Teen Choice Awards NMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 10:25:15 AM
- Cannes: Top French Filmmaker Olivier Assayas to Make First U.S. FilmMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 10:01:06 AM
- USA Orders Comedy Pilot From 'Fairly Legal' EP Peter OckoMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 9:47:08 AM
- A Peek Into the Soul of the Great Cinematographer Gordon Willis (Videos)MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 9:36:06 AM
- Phase 4 Films Seals Financing Deal With Aver Media Finance (Exclusive)
By Jen Odell with reporting by Paris Hampton
Elton John's recent Rolling Stone cover story was ostensibly a reflection on his four decades in the music business. But given the buzz over Elton's comments that Billy Joel needs some "tough love" when it comes to his drinking, the Feb. 4 issue might as well have just run a photo of the two singers with the headline, "Elton to Billy: Get Some Real Rehab.'"
"He's going to hate me for this, but every time he goes to rehab they've been light," the "Rocket Man" singer and new dad said in the article. "When I went to rehab, I had to clean the floors. He goes to rehab where they have TVs. I love you, Billy, and this is tough love. Billy, you have your demons and you're not going to get rid of them at rehab light. You've got to be serious ... You should be able to do something better than what you're doing now."
Since the issue was published, Joel has responded twice to his friend and colleague's statements. The first time, he quipped that "Elton is just being Elton," and the story wouldn't affect their relationship. He later released a second statement on the would-be feud, clarifying that he harbors no bad blood.
At New York Fashion Week on Saturday, Wonderwall caught up with Billy's daughter, Alexa Ray Joel, who shared her thoughts on Elton's comments and assured us that in spite of all the Rolling Stone controversy and his recent hip surgery, her dad is doing just fine.
Wonderwall: What did you think of the comments Elton made about your Dad?
Alexa Ray Joel: Oh god! Don't go there with me! No, I think my Dad is obviously –- he's done his work. He's paid his dues. And he guards his privacy more than anything. And I think it deserves to be respected. He's earned that right.
WW: Absolutely. But Elton is a friend. Your dad doesn't take what Elton said as an attack, right?
ARJ: No, I don't think he does. They have a lot of history together and I don't think it's particularly bothering him. He's in Miami recovering from his surgery.
WW: How is he feeling?
ARJ: He's doing much better, actually. He's doing much better! He's great!
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite