Allen takes time off to deal with depression
- Photo: Barcroft/Fame Pictures1 of 8
- Photo: Jeff Moore/Splash News2 of 8
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP3 of 8
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Simon/Retna Ltd.5 of 8
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN6 of 8
- Photo: Splash News7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Snake Bites Nicki Minaj's Backup Dancer at VMA RehearsalMSNEntertainment 8/23/2014 10:15:00 AM
- VIDEO: Watch the First Five Minutes of Lifetime's Saved By the Bell MovieMSNEntertainment 8/23/2014 8:31:00 AM
- Iggy Azalea Posts Video of Stage Fall on InstagramMSNEntertainment 8/23/2014 8:24:00 AM
- 'Sin City' Sequel Arrives DOA as 'If I Stay' Tries to Hold Off &MSNEntertainment 8/23/2014 7:51:00 AM
- John Lennon's Killer Denied Parole for Eighth TimeMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 9:16:00 PM
- Snake Bites Nicki Minaj's Backup Dancer at VMA Rehearsal
Lily Allen has learned to spot the signs when she is falling into a "bout of depression" and always books a month off work to deal with her emotional issues.
The British pop star has been seeing a therapist regularly ever since she suffered a miscarriage in 2008, but she is still plagued by "negative thoughts."
And the "Smile" singer, who has vowed to retire from pop this year, admits she always has a plan to make sure she isn't overwhelmed by her dark moods.
She tells Britain's Sky TV, "I work with a therapist on a regular basis. I'm quite capable of noticing when I'm taking a turn for the worse. Then I decide not to work for the next month, and I take time to concentrate on myself. I had to do that in January 2008 after my miscarriage.
"I haven't had to call my therapist recently but, if I felt there were repetitive negative thoughts going around in my head, I've had enough mental history to know to call someone for help. It's negative thoughts about the world and things going on around me, I can generally write that off as a temporary bout of depression. But if the negative thoughts are about me, then it gets a bit more serious."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFashion Offenders
From Crowd Ignite