Amber Rose: I had a C-section instead of planned home water birth
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 10
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage2 of 10
- Photo: BD3/WENN3 of 10
- Photo: Amber Rose/Twitter4 of 10
- Photo: London Entertainment/Splash News5 of 10
- Photo: V Labissiere/Splash News6 of 10
- Photo: Amber Rose/Twitter7 of 10
- Photo: @muvarosebud/Instagram8 of 10
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
Amber Rose and Wiz Khalifa's son, Sebastian, had a plan of his own when it came time for his birth. In an appearance on "The Ricki Lake Show" on Tuesday, the 29-year-old model opened up about the Feb. 21 delivery of her first child and how her plan of a home water birth "went down the drain."
After watching Lake's film about home births, "The Business of Being Born," Rose was so inspired that she decided to have a home water birth as well. "Today was the first day of my home birthing classes," she tweeted Jan. 13. "No meds, no hospital, just the privacy of my own home. I'm so excited for this experience!"
Rose had a birthing pool, midwives and a doula ready to help her, but at 37 weeks pregnant, the first-time mom-to-be learned that her baby was breech, or feet-first.
"My ideal birth plan was just down the drain," she said on "The Ricki Lake Show." "I tried mugwort, acupuncture and then my last resort was an inversion, which is when you go to the hospital and they manually try to turn your baby," she revealed. "They push his head down and push his butt up. ... It hurt a lot. It was very painful. I cried."
But the procedure didn't work, and Rose accepted that she would have to undergo a C-section to deliver her son. "Of course it wasn't ... what we wanted to happen, but as mentally prepared as we were for the home birth, we had to get as prepared for the C-section," Khalifa, 25, explained in a prerecorded video clip.
"When I went in, I was terrified, shaking. I was so scared," Rose shared. "But then Wiz came in [and] he just talked to me the whole time."
Their son, Sebastian "The Bash" Taylor Thomaz, was born on Feb. 21. "All of a sudden we heard Sebastian cry and then we both started crying," Rose recalled. "We were like, 'Oh my gosh, our baby's here!'"
"I feel like I made the right decision," Rose said. "But I knew right after having a C-section that [with] our next baby I definitely want to have my baby at home."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite