Amber Rose: I had a C-section instead of planned home water birth
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 10
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage2 of 10
- Photo: BD3/WENN3 of 10
- Photo: Amber Rose/Twitter4 of 10
- Photo: London Entertainment/Splash News5 of 10
- Photo: V Labissiere/Splash News6 of 10
- Photo: Amber Rose/Twitter7 of 10
- Photo: @muvarosebud/Instagram8 of 10
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP9 of 10
More Celeb News
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:09:35 PM
- 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' Review: Peter Jackson's Second VersMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:03:45 PM
- Fox Sports 1 Scores Best Ratings Week Since August LaunchMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:44:04 PM
- New York Post Settles Racial and Sexual Discrimination LawsuitMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:30:51 PM
- 'American Hustle' Cast To Be Honored by Palm Springs FestMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:20:58 PM
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)
Amber Rose and Wiz Khalifa's son, Sebastian, had a plan of his own when it came time for his birth. In an appearance on "The Ricki Lake Show" on Tuesday, the 29-year-old model opened up about the Feb. 21 delivery of her first child and how her plan of a home water birth "went down the drain."
After watching Lake's film about home births, "The Business of Being Born," Rose was so inspired that she decided to have a home water birth as well. "Today was the first day of my home birthing classes," she tweeted Jan. 13. "No meds, no hospital, just the privacy of my own home. I'm so excited for this experience!"
Rose had a birthing pool, midwives and a doula ready to help her, but at 37 weeks pregnant, the first-time mom-to-be learned that her baby was breech, or feet-first.
"My ideal birth plan was just down the drain," she said on "The Ricki Lake Show." "I tried mugwort, acupuncture and then my last resort was an inversion, which is when you go to the hospital and they manually try to turn your baby," she revealed. "They push his head down and push his butt up. ... It hurt a lot. It was very painful. I cried."
But the procedure didn't work, and Rose accepted that she would have to undergo a C-section to deliver her son. "Of course it wasn't ... what we wanted to happen, but as mentally prepared as we were for the home birth, we had to get as prepared for the C-section," Khalifa, 25, explained in a prerecorded video clip.
"When I went in, I was terrified, shaking. I was so scared," Rose shared. "But then Wiz came in [and] he just talked to me the whole time."
Their son, Sebastian "The Bash" Taylor Thomaz, was born on Feb. 21. "All of a sudden we heard Sebastian cry and then we both started crying," Rose recalled. "We were like, 'Oh my gosh, our baby's here!'"
"I feel like I made the right decision," Rose said. "But I knew right after having a C-section that [with] our next baby I definitely want to have my baby at home."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFashion Offenders
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite