Amber Rose: I had a C-section instead of planned home water birth
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 10
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage2 of 10
- Photo: BD3/WENN3 of 10
- Photo: Amber Rose/Twitter4 of 10
- Photo: London Entertainment/Splash News5 of 10
- Photo: V Labissiere/Splash News6 of 10
- Photo: Amber Rose/Twitter7 of 10
- Photo: @muvarosebud/Instagram8 of 10
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP9 of 10
More Celeb News
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to PromMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Bangerz Tour After Allergic Reaction to AntibioticsMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 3:13:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Remaining U.S. Tour Dates After HospitalizationMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:52:00 PM
- White House Responds to Justin Bieber Deportation PetitionMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:41:00 PM
- White House Responds to 'Deport Justin Bieber' Petition: Is This the End for Our FMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 1:49:00 PM
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to Prom
Amber Rose and Wiz Khalifa's son, Sebastian, had a plan of his own when it came time for his birth. In an appearance on "The Ricki Lake Show" on Tuesday, the 29-year-old model opened up about the Feb. 21 delivery of her first child and how her plan of a home water birth "went down the drain."
After watching Lake's film about home births, "The Business of Being Born," Rose was so inspired that she decided to have a home water birth as well. "Today was the first day of my home birthing classes," she tweeted Jan. 13. "No meds, no hospital, just the privacy of my own home. I'm so excited for this experience!"
Rose had a birthing pool, midwives and a doula ready to help her, but at 37 weeks pregnant, the first-time mom-to-be learned that her baby was breech, or feet-first.
"My ideal birth plan was just down the drain," she said on "The Ricki Lake Show." "I tried mugwort, acupuncture and then my last resort was an inversion, which is when you go to the hospital and they manually try to turn your baby," she revealed. "They push his head down and push his butt up. ... It hurt a lot. It was very painful. I cried."
But the procedure didn't work, and Rose accepted that she would have to undergo a C-section to deliver her son. "Of course it wasn't ... what we wanted to happen, but as mentally prepared as we were for the home birth, we had to get as prepared for the C-section," Khalifa, 25, explained in a prerecorded video clip.
"When I went in, I was terrified, shaking. I was so scared," Rose shared. "But then Wiz came in [and] he just talked to me the whole time."
Their son, Sebastian "The Bash" Taylor Thomaz, was born on Feb. 21. "All of a sudden we heard Sebastian cry and then we both started crying," Rose recalled. "We were like, 'Oh my gosh, our baby's here!'"
"I feel like I made the right decision," Rose said. "But I knew right after having a C-section that [with] our next baby I definitely want to have my baby at home."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Kim Kardashian, Emma Stone, and Solange Knowles all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Lena Dunham, and Anne Hathaway all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Kristin Davis, and Emma Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite