Amy Winehouse's dad: Money wasted on rehab
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: BARM/Fame Pictures2 of 9
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: Retna Ltd./Retna Ltd.4 of 9
- Photo: Pacific Coast News5 of 9
- Photo: Brian Hineline/Retna Ltd.6 of 9
- Photo: Tony Clark/Splash News7 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com8 of 9
More Celeb News
- W. Kamau Bell Laments "The Whiteness of Late Night"MSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Nicki Minaj Welcome at This NY High School, After Alma Mater Rejects HerMSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Ashley Judd Has Tough Couple of Weekends at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 2:47:00 PM
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Claims She Was Detained by LAPD, Mistaken for ProstitutMSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 2:36:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars' Julianne Hough: "I Might Be Even Harder on Derek"MSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 1:34:00 PM
- W. Kamau Bell Laments "The Whiteness of Late Night"
LONDON (AP) -- Amy Winehouse's father says Britain is wasting money on drug addicts who are too quick to say "yes, yes, yes" to rehab.
Mitch Winehouse told lawmakers on Parliament's Home Affairs Select Committee Tuesday that many addicts who take up treatment as an alternative to a prison sentence have no intention of trying to quit drugs.
He said authorities are too ready to offer rehab to convicted criminals while non-offending addicts have to wait months for treatment.
Winehouse's daughter is best known for her song "Rehab," about a woman refusing treatment for addiction.
Her career has been dogged by drug use, run-ins with the law and a turbulent marriage. She was fined in Norway for illegal marijuana possession in 2007.
Lawmakers are holding an inquiry into cocaine abuse in Britain.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew 'Do
From Crowd Ignite