Amy Winehouse's dad: Money wasted on rehab
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: BARM/Fame Pictures2 of 9
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: Retna Ltd./Retna Ltd.4 of 9
- Photo: Pacific Coast News5 of 9
- Photo: Brian Hineline/Retna Ltd.6 of 9
- Photo: Tony Clark/Splash News7 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com8 of 9
More Celeb News
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Does Mel Gibson Deserve Another Chance?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Resumes Production This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or DieMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:01:01 PM
- ABC's Ratings the Most Glaring Challenge for Anne Sweeney's SuccessorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:58:00 PM
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?
LONDON (AP) -- Amy Winehouse's father says Britain is wasting money on drug addicts who are too quick to say "yes, yes, yes" to rehab.
Mitch Winehouse told lawmakers on Parliament's Home Affairs Select Committee Tuesday that many addicts who take up treatment as an alternative to a prison sentence have no intention of trying to quit drugs.
He said authorities are too ready to offer rehab to convicted criminals while non-offending addicts have to wait months for treatment.
Winehouse's daughter is best known for her song "Rehab," about a woman refusing treatment for addiction.
Her career has been dogged by drug use, run-ins with the law and a turbulent marriage. She was fined in Norway for illegal marijuana possession in 2007.
Lawmakers are holding an inquiry into cocaine abuse in Britain.
From Crowd Ignite