Amy Winehouse's Desperate Calls to Dr. Drew in Her Final Days
- Photo: WENN1 of 19
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP2 of 19
- Photo: WeirPhotos/Splash News3 of 19
- Photo: WeirPhotos/Splash News4 of 19
- Photo: Splash News5 of 19
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN6 of 19
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN7 of 19
- Photo: Optic Photos/PacificCoastNews.com8 of 19
- Photo: Optic Photos/PacificCoastNews.com9 of 19
- Photo: TCAA/ZDS/WENN10 of 19
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN11 of 19
- Photo: TCD/ZJF/http://www.wenn.com/12 of 19
- Photo: TCD/ZJF/http://www.wenn.com/13 of 19
- Photo: SSJ/ZOB/ZDS/http://www.wenn.com/14 of 19
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/http://www.wenn.com/15 of 19
- Photo: AJB/ZDS/Alex Jackson/WENN16 of 19
- Photo: NC1/http://www.wenn.com/17 of 19
- Photo: MDAA/ZOB/ZDS/WENN18 of 19
More Celeb News
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court saysMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court says
"Believe it or not she was trying to contact me," said Dr. Drew, explaining that he wasn't aware of her attempts at getting in touch with him until after her death. "We could have maybe gotten her over here to someplace really good."
When asked if Amy's tragic passing could serve as a warning to addicts, Dr. Drew was pessimistic that the point would get across, saying, "That's the craziness of addiction - the denial of addiction and the stinking thinking of addiction serves addiction nearly always."
Dr. Drew went on to offer a positive note, telling the morning DJs that he had heard that Brooke Mueller was using Amy's death as a motivating factor in her sobriety.
Related on Wonderwall & MSN:
Related stories on ETonline.com:
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, and Eva Longoria all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite