Amy Winehouse's Desperate Calls to Dr. Drew in Her Final Days
- Photo: WENN1 of 19
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP2 of 19
- Photo: WeirPhotos/Splash News3 of 19
- Photo: WeirPhotos/Splash News4 of 19
- Photo: Splash News5 of 19
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN6 of 19
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN7 of 19
- Photo: Optic Photos/PacificCoastNews.com8 of 19
- Photo: Optic Photos/PacificCoastNews.com9 of 19
- Photo: TCAA/ZDS/WENN10 of 19
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN11 of 19
- Photo: TCD/ZJF/http://www.wenn.com/12 of 19
- Photo: TCD/ZJF/http://www.wenn.com/13 of 19
- Photo: SSJ/ZOB/ZDS/http://www.wenn.com/14 of 19
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/http://www.wenn.com/15 of 19
- Photo: AJB/ZDS/Alex Jackson/WENN16 of 19
- Photo: NC1/http://www.wenn.com/17 of 19
- Photo: MDAA/ZOB/ZDS/WENN18 of 19
More Celeb News
- Lorde to perform lead single, curate tracks for 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 8:23:00 AM
- Starz' 'Outlander' brings novels to life vibrantlyMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 8:01:52 AM
- New Mexico city OKs funds to lure 'The Bachelor'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:44:42 AM
- Veteran TV Producer Robert Halmi Sr. Dies at 90MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:28:00 AM
- NBA ref Violet Palmer to marry longtime partnerMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:24:27 AM
- Lorde to perform lead single, curate tracks for 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1'
"Believe it or not she was trying to contact me," said Dr. Drew, explaining that he wasn't aware of her attempts at getting in touch with him until after her death. "We could have maybe gotten her over here to someplace really good."
When asked if Amy's tragic passing could serve as a warning to addicts, Dr. Drew was pessimistic that the point would get across, saying, "That's the craziness of addiction - the denial of addiction and the stinking thinking of addiction serves addiction nearly always."
Dr. Drew went on to offer a positive note, telling the morning DJs that he had heard that Brooke Mueller was using Amy's death as a motivating factor in her sobriety.
Related on Wonderwall & MSN:
Related stories on ETonline.com:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite