Amy Winehouse's Ex Fighting for His Life in Coma
- Photo: DSAA/ZOB/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Nabor Goulart/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Brian Kersey/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: YouTube/.4 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: WENN/Splash/.6 of 16
- Photo: Vince Maher/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Mischa Richter/Island Records/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin9 of 16
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Daniel Edwards/Splash News11 of 16
- Photo: Daniel Edwards/Splash News12 of 16
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: Islandpaps/Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for BlumhMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:38:00 PM
- 'Heaven Is for Real' Reviews: Does the Faith-Based Film Make Believers Out of CritMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Fox responds to Bryan Singer abuse allegationsMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 3:54:00 PM
- Scandal Star Columbus Short's Wife Files for DivorceMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:59:00 PM
- Check Out Dave Chappelle's New Buff LookMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:38:00 PM
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for Blumh
Amy Winehouse's ex-husband is fighting for his life following a suspected drink and drugs binge.
Blake Fielder-Civil, who married singer Winehouse in Miami, Fla., in 2007, was found choking on his own vomit in bed by Sarah Aspin, the mother of his 15-month-old son Jack, and was hospitalized in Yorkshire, England, according to The Guardian.
Doctors put him on a life support machine after he allegedly swallowed his tongue and suffered multi-organ failure.
Mitch Winehouse, Amy's father, confirmed the news on Twitter. "Terrible news about Blake this morning. Remember Amy loved him. Let's pray for his recovery," he wrote Thursday morning.
RELATED: Celebs gone too soon
Aspin tells Britain's The Sun newspaper, "The doctors don't know the prognosis and put him in a coma to help him. I'm praying he'll survive but I'm having to prepare myself that he may never wake up."
Fielder-Civil, whose pop star ex-wife Winehouse passed away almost exactly a year ago, has battled a heroin addiction, and confessed to introducing his ex-wife to crack cocaine and heroin in an explosive 2008 interview. The couple divorced two years before Amy passed away from an accidental overdose.
He met Aspin in rehab.
She tells The Sun that Fielder-Civil had been doing well and the couple was making plans to wed, but she fears he relapsed after meeting a friend last week.
She adds, "He’s never really been a drinker, but when he got home with this friend, he was slurring his words and staggering. I thought he was on something. I was very angry because he’d been doing so well."
Watch as Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley talk about their tumble during their routine.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite