Amy Winehouse's Ex Fighting for His Life in Coma
- Photo: DSAA/ZOB/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Nabor Goulart/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Brian Kersey/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: YouTube/.4 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: WENN/Splash/.6 of 16
- Photo: Vince Maher/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Mischa Richter/Island Records/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin9 of 16
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Daniel Edwards/Splash News11 of 16
- Photo: Daniel Edwards/Splash News12 of 16
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: Islandpaps/Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Malcolm McDowell Joins Gael Garcia Bernal in 'Mozart in the Jungle'MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 6:15:10 AM
- 'Decoding Annie Parker' Starring Helen Hunt, Samantha Morton Picked Up By eOne FilMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 6:57:26 PM
- 'Anchorman' Ron Burgundy ESPN Gig Canceled Due to Jameis Winston CoverageMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 6:47:39 PM
- Song Smashup Showdown: Which 2013 Year-End Pop Music Collaboration Is Best?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 6:39:52 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Epic' Director Chris Wedge Calls Animated Filmmaking a MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 6:32:13 PM
- Malcolm McDowell Joins Gael Garcia Bernal in 'Mozart in the Jungle'
Amy Winehouse's ex-husband is fighting for his life following a suspected drink and drugs binge.
Blake Fielder-Civil, who married singer Winehouse in Miami, Fla., in 2007, was found choking on his own vomit in bed by Sarah Aspin, the mother of his 15-month-old son Jack, and was hospitalized in Yorkshire, England, according to The Guardian.
Doctors put him on a life support machine after he allegedly swallowed his tongue and suffered multi-organ failure.
Mitch Winehouse, Amy's father, confirmed the news on Twitter. "Terrible news about Blake this morning. Remember Amy loved him. Let's pray for his recovery," he wrote Thursday morning.
RELATED: Celebs gone too soon
Aspin tells Britain's The Sun newspaper, "The doctors don't know the prognosis and put him in a coma to help him. I'm praying he'll survive but I'm having to prepare myself that he may never wake up."
Fielder-Civil, whose pop star ex-wife Winehouse passed away almost exactly a year ago, has battled a heroin addiction, and confessed to introducing his ex-wife to crack cocaine and heroin in an explosive 2008 interview. The couple divorced two years before Amy passed away from an accidental overdose.
He met Aspin in rehab.
She tells The Sun that Fielder-Civil had been doing well and the couple was making plans to wed, but she fears he relapsed after meeting a friend last week.
She adds, "He’s never really been a drinker, but when he got home with this friend, he was slurring his words and staggering. I thought he was on something. I was very angry because he’d been doing so well."
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From slicked back hair to drop-crotch pants, check out some of the biggest fashion blunders of the year.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out which of Hollywood's geeky guys get all the hottest ladies.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBen vs. Casey
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite