Amy Winehouse's Ex Fighting for His Life in Coma
- Photo: DSAA/ZOB/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Nabor Goulart/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Brian Kersey/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: YouTube/.4 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: WENN/Splash/.6 of 16
- Photo: Vince Maher/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Mischa Richter/Island Records/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin9 of 16
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Daniel Edwards/Splash News11 of 16
- Photo: Daniel Edwards/Splash News12 of 16
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: Islandpaps/Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- W. Kamau Bell Laments "The Whiteness of Late Night"MSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Nicki Minaj Welcome at This NY High School, After Alma Mater Rejects HerMSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Ashley Judd Has Tough Couple of Weekends at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 2:47:00 PM
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Claims She Was Detained by LAPD, Mistaken for ProstitutMSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 2:36:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars' Julianne Hough: "I Might Be Even Harder on Derek"MSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 1:34:00 PM
- W. Kamau Bell Laments "The Whiteness of Late Night"
Amy Winehouse's ex-husband is fighting for his life following a suspected drink and drugs binge.
Blake Fielder-Civil, who married singer Winehouse in Miami, Fla., in 2007, was found choking on his own vomit in bed by Sarah Aspin, the mother of his 15-month-old son Jack, and was hospitalized in Yorkshire, England, according to The Guardian.
Doctors put him on a life support machine after he allegedly swallowed his tongue and suffered multi-organ failure.
Mitch Winehouse, Amy's father, confirmed the news on Twitter. "Terrible news about Blake this morning. Remember Amy loved him. Let's pray for his recovery," he wrote Thursday morning.
RELATED: Celebs gone too soon
Aspin tells Britain's The Sun newspaper, "The doctors don't know the prognosis and put him in a coma to help him. I'm praying he'll survive but I'm having to prepare myself that he may never wake up."
Fielder-Civil, whose pop star ex-wife Winehouse passed away almost exactly a year ago, has battled a heroin addiction, and confessed to introducing his ex-wife to crack cocaine and heroin in an explosive 2008 interview. The couple divorced two years before Amy passed away from an accidental overdose.
He met Aspin in rehab.
She tells The Sun that Fielder-Civil had been doing well and the couple was making plans to wed, but she fears he relapsed after meeting a friend last week.
She adds, "He’s never really been a drinker, but when he got home with this friend, he was slurring his words and staggering. I thought he was on something. I was very angry because he’d been doing so well."
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Britney's new bachelorette status on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'Feeling Great'
From Crowd Ignite