Amy Winehouse's Ex Fighting for His Life in Coma
- Photo: DSAA/ZOB/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Nabor Goulart/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Brian Kersey/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: YouTube/.4 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: WENN/Splash/.6 of 16
- Photo: Vince Maher/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Mischa Richter/Island Records/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin9 of 16
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Daniel Edwards/Splash News11 of 16
- Photo: Daniel Edwards/Splash News12 of 16
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: Islandpaps/Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWraMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:29:00 PM
- Bill O'Reilly Cuts Vacation Short to Cover Ferguson, Ratings RiseMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- Steven Strait, Shohreh Aghdashloo Cast in Syfy Space Opera 'The Expanse'MSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:37:00 PM
- Ferguson's Mike Brown Memorial Campaign Has Raised Less Than Officer Darren Wilson&aposMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:30:00 PM
- Consumer Groups Urge FCC to Reject Comcast/Time Warner Cable DealMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 2:50:00 PM
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWra
Amy Winehouse's ex-husband is fighting for his life following a suspected drink and drugs binge.
Blake Fielder-Civil, who married singer Winehouse in Miami, Fla., in 2007, was found choking on his own vomit in bed by Sarah Aspin, the mother of his 15-month-old son Jack, and was hospitalized in Yorkshire, England, according to The Guardian.
Doctors put him on a life support machine after he allegedly swallowed his tongue and suffered multi-organ failure.
Mitch Winehouse, Amy's father, confirmed the news on Twitter. "Terrible news about Blake this morning. Remember Amy loved him. Let's pray for his recovery," he wrote Thursday morning.
RELATED: Celebs gone too soon
Aspin tells Britain's The Sun newspaper, "The doctors don't know the prognosis and put him in a coma to help him. I'm praying he'll survive but I'm having to prepare myself that he may never wake up."
Fielder-Civil, whose pop star ex-wife Winehouse passed away almost exactly a year ago, has battled a heroin addiction, and confessed to introducing his ex-wife to crack cocaine and heroin in an explosive 2008 interview. The couple divorced two years before Amy passed away from an accidental overdose.
He met Aspin in rehab.
She tells The Sun that Fielder-Civil had been doing well and the couple was making plans to wed, but she fears he relapsed after meeting a friend last week.
She adds, "He’s never really been a drinker, but when he got home with this friend, he was slurring his words and staggering. I thought he was on something. I was very angry because he’d been doing so well."
Tim Pocock and Tom Green of NBC's "Camp" sit down with Wonderwall's Chris Gardner for a Wonderview ...Watch Video »
Rihanna kicks off her birthday celebrations in a winter wonderland on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Fresh from their split, Hilary Duff vacations with husband Mike Comrie and their son on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
"Hit and Run" co-stars and fiances Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell talk about their Hollywood romance and more with Wonderwall's Rebecca Silverstein.Watch Video »
"Playing for Keeps" star Gerard Butler talks about going shirtless and more with Wonderwall editor Rebecca Silverstein.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBare Beauties
From Crowd Ignite