Amy Winehouse's ex-husband 'overdosed after reading her texts'
- Photo: MDAA/ZOB/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: DSAA/ZOB/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: Nabor Goulart/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: Brian Kersey/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: YouTube/.5 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage6 of 17
- Photo: WENN/Splash/.7 of 17
- Photo: Vince Maher/WENN8 of 17
- Photo: Mischa Richter/Island Records/Promotional9 of 17
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin10 of 17
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP11 of 17
- Photo: Daniel Edwards/Splash News12 of 17
- Photo: Daniel Edwards/Splash News13 of 17
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: Islandpaps/Splash News15 of 17
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Blasts Past The Rock's 'HerMSNEntertainment 7/26/2014 8:16:00 AM
- Sam Raimi Writing 'Evil Dead' TV Series That Will Include Bruce CampbellMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:36:00 PM
- BuzzFeed Fires Writer Over Multiple Instances of PlagiarismMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 9:31:00 PM
- Fox at Comic-Con: James Bond Is Whack, We're Making Movies With Balls (and Jokes)MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 7:26:00 PM
- Sleepy Hollow Season 2: Is Ichabod a Gleek? MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 7:21:00 PM
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Blasts Past The Rock's 'Her
Amy Winehouse's husband Blake Fielder-Civil embarked on a deadly drink and drug binge after reading text messages his ex-wife sent him while he was in prison, according to his mother.
The 30-year-old was hospitalized earlier this month after his girlfriend found him in bed choking on his own vomit and he is currently fighting for his life in a medically-induced coma.
RELATED: Celebs Gone Too Soon
Fielder-Civil was in prison when his ex-wife died of alcohol poisoning last year, serving out a sentence for burglary and possessing an imitation firearm, and he was released two weeks ago.
His mother, Georgette, has now revealed that Fielder-Civil recently found a number of previously unread text messages which Winehouse sent him before her death and the messages left him overcome with grief.
Georgette claims Winehouse asked if she could be godmother to Fielder-Civil's son Jack, now 15 months, who was born to another woman after their split. She tells Britain's The Sun newspaper, "He had messages on his phone from Amy which he only got recently. He didn't have the phone in prison and he picked up messages from her when he was released. She said she wanted to be Jack's godmother. The grief for Amy started again. I fear he may have been trying to take his own life... If he pulls through it may be two months before he is discharged. The worrying thing is if he then goes back to his substance misuse. Next time he won't make it, there is no doubt about that."
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite