Amy Winehouse's ex-husband 'overdosed after reading her texts'
- Photo: MDAA/ZOB/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: DSAA/ZOB/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: Nabor Goulart/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: Brian Kersey/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: YouTube/.5 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage6 of 17
- Photo: WENN/Splash/.7 of 17
- Photo: Vince Maher/WENN8 of 17
- Photo: Mischa Richter/Island Records/Promotional9 of 17
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin10 of 17
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP11 of 17
- Photo: Daniel Edwards/Splash News12 of 17
- Photo: Daniel Edwards/Splash News13 of 17
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: Islandpaps/Splash News15 of 17
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN16 of 17
More Celeb News
- U2 guitarist gets boost in bid for Malibu mansionsMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 2:26:14 PM
- Kim Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens and More Celebs Part of a New Nude Photos Leak?MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 2:01:00 PM
- Vanessa Hudgens, Hope Solo Are Latest Victims of Nude Photo Leaks (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 1:35:00 PM
- Polly Bergen, 'Cape Fear' Actress, Dead at 84MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 1:30:00 PM
- Ruby Dee memorialized in NYC with song and danceMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 1:10:22 PM
- U2 guitarist gets boost in bid for Malibu mansions
Amy Winehouse's husband Blake Fielder-Civil embarked on a deadly drink and drug binge after reading text messages his ex-wife sent him while he was in prison, according to his mother.
The 30-year-old was hospitalized earlier this month after his girlfriend found him in bed choking on his own vomit and he is currently fighting for his life in a medically-induced coma.
RELATED: Celebs Gone Too Soon
Fielder-Civil was in prison when his ex-wife died of alcohol poisoning last year, serving out a sentence for burglary and possessing an imitation firearm, and he was released two weeks ago.
His mother, Georgette, has now revealed that Fielder-Civil recently found a number of previously unread text messages which Winehouse sent him before her death and the messages left him overcome with grief.
Georgette claims Winehouse asked if she could be godmother to Fielder-Civil's son Jack, now 15 months, who was born to another woman after their split. She tells Britain's The Sun newspaper, "He had messages on his phone from Amy which he only got recently. He didn't have the phone in prison and he picked up messages from her when he was released. She said she wanted to be Jack's godmother. The grief for Amy started again. I fear he may have been trying to take his own life... If he pulls through it may be two months before he is discharged. The worrying thing is if he then goes back to his substance misuse. Next time he won't make it, there is no doubt about that."
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBirthday Fun
From Crowd Ignite