Amy Winehouse's ex-husband 'overdosed after reading her texts'
- Photo: MDAA/ZOB/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: DSAA/ZOB/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: Nabor Goulart/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: Brian Kersey/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: YouTube/.5 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage6 of 17
- Photo: WENN/Splash/.7 of 17
- Photo: Vince Maher/WENN8 of 17
- Photo: Mischa Richter/Island Records/Promotional9 of 17
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin10 of 17
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP11 of 17
- Photo: Daniel Edwards/Splash News12 of 17
- Photo: Daniel Edwards/Splash News13 of 17
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: Islandpaps/Splash News15 of 17
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Mega Buzz: The Grey's Finale, a Mentalist Proposal, and a Castle Time WarpMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 4:35:00 PM
- Cinedigm Acquires Frank P. DeLarzelere III Documentary 'Biker Fox'MSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 4:11:00 PM
- Artie Lange Hospitalized for Diabetic ShockMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 4:09:00 PM
- CNN's Sanjay Gupta on Deadly Ebola Outbreak in Africa; Whether It Could Spread to U.S.MSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Transcendence' Director Wally Pfiester on 'Frustrating' TechnolMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 3:51:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: The Grey's Finale, a Mentalist Proposal, and a Castle Time Warp
Amy Winehouse's husband Blake Fielder-Civil embarked on a deadly drink and drug binge after reading text messages his ex-wife sent him while he was in prison, according to his mother.
The 30-year-old was hospitalized earlier this month after his girlfriend found him in bed choking on his own vomit and he is currently fighting for his life in a medically-induced coma.
RELATED: Celebs Gone Too Soon
Fielder-Civil was in prison when his ex-wife died of alcohol poisoning last year, serving out a sentence for burglary and possessing an imitation firearm, and he was released two weeks ago.
His mother, Georgette, has now revealed that Fielder-Civil recently found a number of previously unread text messages which Winehouse sent him before her death and the messages left him overcome with grief.
Georgette claims Winehouse asked if she could be godmother to Fielder-Civil's son Jack, now 15 months, who was born to another woman after their split. She tells Britain's The Sun newspaper, "He had messages on his phone from Amy which he only got recently. He didn't have the phone in prison and he picked up messages from her when he was released. She said she wanted to be Jack's godmother. The grief for Amy started again. I fear he may have been trying to take his own life... If he pulls through it may be two months before he is discharged. The worrying thing is if he then goes back to his substance misuse. Next time he won't make it, there is no doubt about that."
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
MTV Red Carpet
Get a front-row seat to the 2014 MTV Movie Awards with Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out a slew of new selfies including Kim Zolciak-Biermann’s post-babies body, Lady Gaga snuggling with Taylor Kinney and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite