Annie Lennox urges women to avoid cosmetic surgery
- Photo: ZHB/ZJE/WENN1 of 6
- Photo: Duffy-Marie Arnoult/WireImage2 of 6
- Photo: Richard Drew/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: Phil Farnsworth / Berklee College of Music/.4 of 6
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- NBC's Research Prez Reveals New 52-Week Strategy: Original Fall Season Is a 'NielsMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 12:45:00 PM
- Universal Options 'Let It Snow' Book Featuring Short Story by John GreenMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 12:28:00 PM
- NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell: 'I Got it Wrong, I'm Sorry'MSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 12:23:00 PM
- Proctor & Gamble Cancels Its Breast Cancer Awareness Month Partnership With NFLMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 12:12:00 PM
- Sam Elliott, Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'MSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 11:30:00 AM
- NBC's Research Prez Reveals New 52-Week Strategy: Original Fall Season Is a 'Niels
Annie Lennox has written a candid blog post urging women to avoid cosmetic surgery.
RELATED: Bing: Best celeb plastic surgery
The singer is adamant that procedures like face lifts and wrinkle-freezing Botox injections look "obvious" and "unappealing," and she wants other women to think twice before signing up for appearance-altering treatments.
In a message published on her Facebook page, she writes, "I really think people need to think very carefully before heading for the needle or the knife. If it were subtle and it just made you look a bit better, it would be fine. But that's not what happens. It's very obvious, and looks like the person's wearing a static mask. You just lose all semblance of authenticity. I don't know why so many women seem to flock towards having their lips swollen and their foreheads stiffened like cardboard. It doesn't make women look younger. It just makes them look disturbing... Plastic surgery looks very obvious and truly unappealing."
Lennox insists she supports the use of surgery to correct facial injuries, but hopes people will stop using such drastic methods to look younger: "I'm totally in awe of the amazing ability to restructure a person's face after they've been injured ... That's absolutely brilliant. It's just the ubiquitous cosmetic procedures that seem to be fairly 'normalized' that I'm putting into question, where people attempt to look decades younger and it clearly doesn't work."
Get out the vote
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Royal Beach Bods
Check out the hottest royals enjoying their beach vacations.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTOver The Moon
From Crowd Ignite