Annie Lennox urges women to avoid cosmetic surgery
- Photo: ZHB/ZJE/WENN1 of 6
- Photo: Duffy-Marie Arnoult/WireImage2 of 6
- Photo: Richard Drew/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: Phil Farnsworth / Berklee College of Music/.4 of 6
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- ESPN Suspends Stephen A. Smith Over Domestic Violence RemarksMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 1:59:00 PM
- FCC Takes Aim at Time Warner Cable in Dodgers DisputeMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 1:50:00 PM
- CW's Arrow Finds Its Wildcat in J.R. RamirezMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 1:40:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Loses $15.4 Million in Its Latest QuarterMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 1:12:00 PM
- FXX's 'The League' Gets Season 6 Premiere DateMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 12:59:00 PM
- ESPN Suspends Stephen A. Smith Over Domestic Violence Remarks
Annie Lennox has written a candid blog post urging women to avoid cosmetic surgery.
RELATED: Bing: Best celeb plastic surgery
The singer is adamant that procedures like face lifts and wrinkle-freezing Botox injections look "obvious" and "unappealing," and she wants other women to think twice before signing up for appearance-altering treatments.
In a message published on her Facebook page, she writes, "I really think people need to think very carefully before heading for the needle or the knife. If it were subtle and it just made you look a bit better, it would be fine. But that's not what happens. It's very obvious, and looks like the person's wearing a static mask. You just lose all semblance of authenticity. I don't know why so many women seem to flock towards having their lips swollen and their foreheads stiffened like cardboard. It doesn't make women look younger. It just makes them look disturbing... Plastic surgery looks very obvious and truly unappealing."
Lennox insists she supports the use of surgery to correct facial injuries, but hopes people will stop using such drastic methods to look younger: "I'm totally in awe of the amazing ability to restructure a person's face after they've been injured ... That's absolutely brilliant. It's just the ubiquitous cosmetic procedures that seem to be fairly 'normalized' that I'm putting into question, where people attempt to look decades younger and it clearly doesn't work."
Get out the vote
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVegas Turn Up
From Crowd Ignite