Annie Lennox urges women to avoid cosmetic surgery
- Photo: ZHB/ZJE/WENN1 of 6
- Photo: Duffy-Marie Arnoult/WireImage2 of 6
- Photo: Richard Drew/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: Phil Farnsworth / Berklee College of Music/.4 of 6
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Game of Thrones,' '2 Broke Girls,' 'Silicon Valley&MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 5:04:00 PM
- Stacy Keibler and Husband Welcome a Baby GirlMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:27:00 PM
- Matthew McConaughey Courted for 'The Stand,' Nearing Deal for 'Gold&aMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:27:00 PM
- The Mindy Project Taps Niecy Nash as Mindy's RivalMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- Steve Martin in Negotiations to Star in Disney's 'Magic Camp'MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:01:00 PM
- 'Game of Thrones,' '2 Broke Girls,' 'Silicon Valley&
Annie Lennox has written a candid blog post urging women to avoid cosmetic surgery.
RELATED: Bing: Best celeb plastic surgery
The singer is adamant that procedures like face lifts and wrinkle-freezing Botox injections look "obvious" and "unappealing," and she wants other women to think twice before signing up for appearance-altering treatments.
In a message published on her Facebook page, she writes, "I really think people need to think very carefully before heading for the needle or the knife. If it were subtle and it just made you look a bit better, it would be fine. But that's not what happens. It's very obvious, and looks like the person's wearing a static mask. You just lose all semblance of authenticity. I don't know why so many women seem to flock towards having their lips swollen and their foreheads stiffened like cardboard. It doesn't make women look younger. It just makes them look disturbing... Plastic surgery looks very obvious and truly unappealing."
Lennox insists she supports the use of surgery to correct facial injuries, but hopes people will stop using such drastic methods to look younger: "I'm totally in awe of the amazing ability to restructure a person's face after they've been injured ... That's absolutely brilliant. It's just the ubiquitous cosmetic procedures that seem to be fairly 'normalized' that I'm putting into question, where people attempt to look decades younger and it clearly doesn't work."
Get out the vote
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott put their cheating scandal behind them and vacation as a family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBare Beauties
From Crowd Ignite