Arrest made in water scooter death of Usher's stepson
- Photo: Fame Flynet1 of 9
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN2 of 9
- Photo: @TamekaRaymond/Twitter3 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage/CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN4 of 9
- Photo: KM/Fame Flynet5 of 9
- Photo: Rick Diamond/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: PhamousFotos/Splash News8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Meagan Good Rips Fans for Reposting Her Leaked Nude Photos: 'You Should Be Ashamed&aposMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 2:24:00 PM
- 8 Things That Will and 2 Things That (Probably) Won't Happen on Big Bang Theory Season 8MSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 2:19:00 PM
- Leonardo DiCaprio Adds Star Power to People's Climate March in New YorkMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:41:00 PM
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Crosses $250 Million at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:05:00 PM
- Lauryn Hill Slammed on Twitter for 'Utter Shi-' Performance and 90 Minute Late ArrMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 11:38:00 AM
- Meagan Good Rips Fans for Reposting Her Leaked Nude Photos: 'You Should Be Ashamed&apos
A man accused of riding the water scooter that collided with Usher's 11-year-old stepson last year has been arrested and charged with homicide by vessel.
RELATED: Fashion don'ts
Jeffrey Simon Hubbard was taken into custody by Georgia police on Friday morning amid allegations that he lost control of the water vehicle on July 6, 2012, striking young Kile Glover in the head as he sat on an inflatable raft.
The accident left the child brain-dead. He never regained consciousness and died on July 21, 2012.
Hubbard is also facing counts of serious injury by vessel and reckless operation of a vessel, reports TMZ. He is being held without bail and is expected to appear before a judge this weekend.
RELATED: Celeb flashers
In related news, Glover's mother, Usher's ex-wife, Tameka Raymond, is celebrating the passing of a boating bill named in her late son's honor.
Georgia Senate Bill 136, also known as the Kile Glover Boat Education Law, will reduce the legal blood alcohol limit for boating or hunting and increase the penalties for those engaging in water activities while under the influence.
The legislation, which will also require young people to pass a boating education course before taking charge of a personal watercraft, was approved by Georgia State senators in a unanimous vote on Friday and will go into effect July 1, 2014.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
Get out the vote
Take a peek at Jessica Simpson’s kissy Instagram feed on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite