Ashlee and Pete Interview: "We're keeping Bronx off Twitter as long as possible"
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: PPNY / GSNY/Splash News4 of 6
- Photo: Jackson Lee / Meinelt / Elatab/Splash News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- What's in the Black Box? A Mind-Numbing DanceMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 10:48:00 AM
- Jennifer Berman Joins Roadside Attractions as SVP of Acquisitions, Co-Productions and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 10:44:00 AM
- Peter Jackson Reveals New Title for Third 'Hobbit' FilmMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 10:06:00 AM
- Maker Studios Partners With Viral Video King Jukin MediaMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 10:00:00 AM
- FCC Promises to Protect Open Internet, But Net Neutrality's Future Looks BleakMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 9:38:00 AM
- What's in the Black Box? A Mind-Numbing Dance
Reporting by Mary Park
Wonderwall caught up with Pete Wentz and Ashlee Simpson-Wentz at the AXE Instinct and Rolling Stone "Power of Leather" party at Hard Rock in New York. AXE was celebrating the launch of a new leather-scented deodorant spray (I think I speak for everyone when I say, finally!!!). We have a hunch PETA sat out for this party.
So, what did the new parents have to say for themselves? It was pretty much a combination of cow skin, diapers and Twitter.
Wonderwall: AXE Instinct is leather scented. Why is the smell of leather such a turn on?
Ashlee: For me, there's a rough part to it and it's sexy and whenever I wear leather, I feel a little bit tougher, but it's always sexy on a man too!
Q: What made you team up with Axe tonight?
Ashlee: We both are into leather!
Pete: You can't really beat a leather jacket.
Ashlee: It's good old rock and roll. Its sexy. It's tough. And the new scent is awesome.
Q: Ashlee, you just got cast in the new Melrose Place...
Ashlee: It's fun for me. My role really changes through the season so it's exciting for me to play.
Q: And when you acted on "CSI" together, what was that like?
Pete: I ran her lines with her, she ran mine with me. We're good sounding boards for each other.
Q: Are things different for you now as parents?
Ashlee: Totally! I mean, having a child, you grow every day with your child.
Q: How do you guys divide the responsibilities of parenting? (to Pete) Are you diapering?
Pete: We don't really divide them. I mean, I think that as Mom and Dad, all that comes naturally. We don't have a set of rules that Mom does and that Dad does.
Q: What are you loving most about the experience of being parents?
Pete: I think the whole thing is a new adventure.
Ashlee: Yeah -- it's the best thing ever.
Q: Do you find time for yourselves?
Pete: I mean, he does take a lot of naps! Yes!
Q: What did you do for Father's Day?
Pete: We did nothing and it was awesome! (to Ashlee) She gave me a bunch of presents!
Q: What kind of cute milestone has Bronx had lately?
Ashlee: Lots of "Da das!"
Pete: Everyday -- the awesome thing about having a baby is everyday is a new milestone. I think that he's always discovering new things every day.
Q: When will Bronx get a Twitter account?
Ashlee: Not right now! He's 7 months! (laughs)
Pete: Were keeping Bronx off Twitter for as long as possible!
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTRing Speculation
From Crowd Ignite