Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- Photo: Nick Ut/AP1 of 12
- Photo: Nick Ut/AP2 of 12
- Photo: Pablo/Goodwin/Fame Flynet3 of 12
- Photo: Â© RD/ Kabik/Retna Digital4 of 12
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN5 of 12
- Photo: Richard Shotwell/Invision/Invision/AP6 of 12
- Photo: Alberto E Rodriguez/Invision/AP7 of 12
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage8 of 12
- Photo: Bello/Fame Flynet9 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 12
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.11 of 12
More Celeb News
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit ExpansionMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 4:25:00 PM
- New Star Wars Film Resumes Production After Harrison Ford InjuryMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 3:44:00 PM
- 'Greatest American Hero' Reboot by '22 Jump Street' Team in the MSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 2:59:00 PM
- 'The Following' Showrunner Jennifer Johnson Exits After Only Three MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 1:19:00 PM
- A&E Networks to Buy Stake in Vice MediaMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:51:00 PM
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit Expansion
The Associated Press
Chris Brown was arrested Friday and will be held without bail on a warrant issued by probation officials in the latest legal entanglement for the R&B singer who has struggled to put his 2009 attack on Rihanna behind him.
The warrant was issued by officials overseeing the singer's sentence for the Rihanna case.
Sheriff's officials said Brown was cooperative when he was arrested at a Malibu treatment facility where he had been staying.
Brown had been ordered to remain in rehab for treatment related to anger issues.
No other details on why the warrant was issued were released. The judge overseeing his case set a hearing for Monday afternoon.
An email sent to Brown's attorney Mark Geragos was not immediately returned. A probation spokeswoman declined comment on what prompted Brown's arrest.
Brown's probation for the Rihanna assault had been scheduled to end this year, but a judge revoked it last year after Brown was arrested on a misdemeanor assault charge in Washington, D.C. That case is pending.
Superior Court Judge James R. Brandlin rejected a Los Angeles prosecutor's request to send Brown to jail because of the Washington case, citing his progress in rehab.
In addition to getting treatment, the singer remained under strict orders to complete 1,000 hours of community labor this year. A probation report dated Feb. 26 stated that Brown had completed 250 hours and that he was being cooperative with probation officials.
Brown's attempts at treatment have not been without difficulties.
A rehab center where Brown was voluntarily staying reported to Brandlin that the singer threw a rock through his mother's window during a joint counseling session in November. The judge then ordered Brown to remain in treatment for another three months and renewed that order at a hearing on Feb. 28.
A probation officer interviewed Brown for the February report, saying the singer was grateful to be in rehab and "looks forward to staying out of trouble."
"He remains thankful to the court for the opportunity to find out and learn more about himself, his anger issues and the type of person he wants to become, which is a man who is able to better himself and be a positive role model," the report states.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWore it Better?
From Crowd Ignite