Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- Photo: Nick Ut/AP1 of 12
- Photo: Nick Ut/AP2 of 12
- Photo: Pablo/Goodwin/Fame Flynet3 of 12
- Photo: Â© RD/ Kabik/Retna Digital4 of 12
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN5 of 12
- Photo: Richard Shotwell/Invision/Invision/AP6 of 12
- Photo: Alberto E Rodriguez/Invision/AP7 of 12
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage8 of 12
- Photo: Bello/Fame Flynet9 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 12
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.11 of 12
More Celeb News
- AwesomenessTV's Brian Robbins on How He'll Make 'The SMOSH Movie&aposMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:15:00 PM
- '90210' Alum AnnaLynne McCord Booked for CBS's 'Stalker&aposMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:12:00 PM
- How Networks Are Moving On From 'Irrelevant' Overnight Ratings: The 7-Day SolutionMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:11:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:52 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 3:52:23 PM
- Joan Rivers Clinic 'Fixes Problems' Cited After the Comedienne's DeathMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 3:49:00 PM
- AwesomenessTV's Brian Robbins on How He'll Make 'The SMOSH Movie&apos
The Associated Press
Chris Brown was arrested Friday and will be held without bail on a warrant issued by probation officials in the latest legal entanglement for the R&B singer who has struggled to put his 2009 attack on Rihanna behind him.
The warrant was issued by officials overseeing the singer's sentence for the Rihanna case.
Sheriff's officials said Brown was cooperative when he was arrested at a Malibu treatment facility where he had been staying.
Brown had been ordered to remain in rehab for treatment related to anger issues.
No other details on why the warrant was issued were released. The judge overseeing his case set a hearing for Monday afternoon.
An email sent to Brown's attorney Mark Geragos was not immediately returned. A probation spokeswoman declined comment on what prompted Brown's arrest.
Brown's probation for the Rihanna assault had been scheduled to end this year, but a judge revoked it last year after Brown was arrested on a misdemeanor assault charge in Washington, D.C. That case is pending.
Superior Court Judge James R. Brandlin rejected a Los Angeles prosecutor's request to send Brown to jail because of the Washington case, citing his progress in rehab.
In addition to getting treatment, the singer remained under strict orders to complete 1,000 hours of community labor this year. A probation report dated Feb. 26 stated that Brown had completed 250 hours and that he was being cooperative with probation officials.
Brown's attempts at treatment have not been without difficulties.
A rehab center where Brown was voluntarily staying reported to Brandlin that the singer threw a rock through his mother's window during a joint counseling session in November. The judge then ordered Brown to remain in treatment for another three months and renewed that order at a hearing on Feb. 28.
A probation officer interviewed Brown for the February report, saying the singer was grateful to be in rehab and "looks forward to staying out of trouble."
"He remains thankful to the court for the opportunity to find out and learn more about himself, his anger issues and the type of person he wants to become, which is a man who is able to better himself and be a positive role model," the report states.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite