Avril Lavigne, Chad Kroeger celebrate 'wedding party,' not married yet
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 14
- Photo: WENN2 of 14
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/StarTraks3 of 14
- Photo: INB/WENN4 of 14
- Photo: INB/WENN5 of 14
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage6 of 14
- Photo: Reuters7 of 14
- Photo: DC5/WENN8 of 14
- Photo: Zavar/NPG9 of 14
- Photo: Splash News10 of 14
- Photo: TKA/ZOJ/WENN11 of 14
- Photo: Fame Flynet12 of 14
- Photo: DC5/Wonderwall13 of 14
More Celeb News
- New Lego Movie Hits Tribeca But This One's a DocumentaryMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 6:07:00 AM
- Tribeca Docs on Government Spying: 'What Was Illegal Under Nixon Is Legal Under Obama&aMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 9:25:00 PM
- Cloning Around: Orphan Black Resurrects the (Presumed) DeadMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 7:00:00 PM
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to PromMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Bangerz Tour After Allergic Reaction to AntibioticsMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 3:13:00 PM
- New Lego Movie Hits Tribeca But This One's a Documentary
UPDATE: A source close to Laivgne says the couple are "technically not married yet." The pair had a wedding party on June 29 in Cannes, France, kicking off their festivities, but the actual ceremony is Monday, July 1. When Mike Heller (the CEO of Talent Resources, the talent company that manages Lavigne) tweeted on June 29 that Lavigne was getting married, a second source explains that "he never tweeted the wedding happened, just said he was on his way and excited for his friend." Mindy Weiss, who also planned the festivities, has been Instagramming photos from France, including the sunset in Cannes. "It is extremely intimate, just close friends and family," the source adds.
During a Nylon Magazine event on June 11, the 28-year-old told Us that their wedding song would be a new track that they wrote together. "We'll have to release it after," she explained.
As for wedding planning, the "Here's To Never Growing Up" singer said she was the one taking control -- which her fellow Canadian beau, 38, didn't mind at all.
"I've been doing it, I'm the girl," she laughed. "I'm the one who has the crazy vision and he's letting me be me. It's a lot and I just want to make sure I really enjoy this amazing time."
She added, "I want all the guests who come to have this once in a lifetime experience and I want everyone to say 'Wow!' and for it to be special for everyone, not just us."
The couple announced their engagement in August 2012. This will be Kroeger's first marriage and Lavigne's second. She filed for divorce from Sum 41's Deryck Whibley in October 2009 after three years of marriage.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's 2014 Royal Tour on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
The Kind Mama
The actress and New York Times best-selling author talks to WW's Chris Gardner about her new book, "The Kind Mama," having more kids, and a "Clueless" sequel...Watch Video »
Get the scoop inside Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore's fight and much more on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the details inside Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's shocking split on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite