Avril Lavigne, Chad Kroeger celebrate 'wedding party,' not married yet
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 14
- Photo: WENN2 of 14
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/StarTraks3 of 14
- Photo: INB/WENN4 of 14
- Photo: INB/WENN5 of 14
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage6 of 14
- Photo: Reuters7 of 14
- Photo: DC5/WENN8 of 14
- Photo: Zavar/NPG9 of 14
- Photo: Splash News10 of 14
- Photo: TKA/ZOJ/WENN11 of 14
- Photo: Fame Flynet12 of 14
- Photo: DC5/Wonderwall13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 5:12:35 PM
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Star Dann Florek Exits ShowMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 4:33:02 PM
- 'Blue Jasmine' Will Be Back in 300 Theaters After Cate Blanchett's AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:54:06 PM
- NBC's 'The Sound of Music Live' to Re-Air on SaturdayMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:51 PM
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Mama Joyce Rampage Earns Season-High RatingsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:22 PM
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'
UPDATE: A source close to Laivgne says the couple are "technically not married yet." The pair had a wedding party on June 29 in Cannes, France, kicking off their festivities, but the actual ceremony is Monday, July 1. When Mike Heller (the CEO of Talent Resources, the talent company that manages Lavigne) tweeted on June 29 that Lavigne was getting married, a second source explains that "he never tweeted the wedding happened, just said he was on his way and excited for his friend." Mindy Weiss, who also planned the festivities, has been Instagramming photos from France, including the sunset in Cannes. "It is extremely intimate, just close friends and family," the source adds.
During a Nylon Magazine event on June 11, the 28-year-old told Us that their wedding song would be a new track that they wrote together. "We'll have to release it after," she explained.
As for wedding planning, the "Here's To Never Growing Up" singer said she was the one taking control -- which her fellow Canadian beau, 38, didn't mind at all.
"I've been doing it, I'm the girl," she laughed. "I'm the one who has the crazy vision and he's letting me be me. It's a lot and I just want to make sure I really enjoy this amazing time."
She added, "I want all the guests who come to have this once in a lifetime experience and I want everyone to say 'Wow!' and for it to be special for everyone, not just us."
The couple announced their engagement in August 2012. This will be Kroeger's first marriage and Lavigne's second. She filed for divorce from Sum 41's Deryck Whibley in October 2009 after three years of marriage.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Chris Daughtry dishes on his major body transformation, keeping chickens, making his marriage work and more!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBaby Rocknroll
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite