Backstreet Boys' AJ McLean Dressed in Drag Before Wedding!
- Photo: TylerShields.com/.1 of 11
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage2 of 11
- Photo: John Cronise/WENN3 of 11
- Photo: Vivien Killilea/WireImage4 of 11
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP5 of 11
- Photo: MATT SAYLES/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: Stefanie Keenan/WireImage7 of 11
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage8 of 11
- Photo: Larry Busacca/Retna Ltd.9 of 11
- Photo: Fame Pictures10 of 11
More Celeb News
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Does Mel Gibson Deserve Another Chance?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Resumes Production This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or DieMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:01:01 PM
- ABC's Ratings the Most Glaring Challenge for Anne Sweeney's SuccessorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:58:00 PM
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?
Before AJ McLean tied the knot on Dec. 17, the Backstreet Boys singer took part in a gender-bending photo shoot with Tyler Shields.
Wearing a strapless tulle dress and Christian Louboutin platforms, the 34-year-old sat "in a dirty alley" for his drag debut. According to Shields, the photo shoot was a fun way to dispel rumors about the musician.
"It's funny because people have a stigma about people in boy bands. A lot of people just think, 'Oh, you are in a boy band, so you must be gay,' which could not be further from the truth," Shields tells Us Weekly. "I think we just wanted to play with that."
McLean surprised Shields with his willingness to try new things.
"Walking across the street in those shoes is brave for anyone, but when you have no practice at it and almost fall down 10 times while wearing a dress. . . I'll give it to him," Shields tells Us. "I was impressed!"
McLean wed Rochelle Deanna Karidis later that night in front of Backstreet Boys' Nick Carter, Howie Dorough and Brian Littrell, and former band member Kevin Richardson.
What did Karidis think of the risque shoot? "She thought it was best not to put it up at the wedding," Shields says, "which I agree with."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Nicole Richie, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite