Backstreet Boys' AJ McLean Dressed in Drag Before Wedding!
- Photo: TylerShields.com/.1 of 11
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage2 of 11
- Photo: John Cronise/WENN3 of 11
- Photo: Vivien Killilea/WireImage4 of 11
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP5 of 11
- Photo: MATT SAYLES/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: Stefanie Keenan/WireImage7 of 11
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage8 of 11
- Photo: Larry Busacca/Retna Ltd.9 of 11
- Photo: Fame Pictures10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
Before AJ McLean tied the knot on Dec. 17, the Backstreet Boys singer took part in a gender-bending photo shoot with Tyler Shields.
Wearing a strapless tulle dress and Christian Louboutin platforms, the 34-year-old sat "in a dirty alley" for his drag debut. According to Shields, the photo shoot was a fun way to dispel rumors about the musician.
"It's funny because people have a stigma about people in boy bands. A lot of people just think, 'Oh, you are in a boy band, so you must be gay,' which could not be further from the truth," Shields tells Us Weekly. "I think we just wanted to play with that."
McLean surprised Shields with his willingness to try new things.
"Walking across the street in those shoes is brave for anyone, but when you have no practice at it and almost fall down 10 times while wearing a dress. . . I'll give it to him," Shields tells Us. "I was impressed!"
McLean wed Rochelle Deanna Karidis later that night in front of Backstreet Boys' Nick Carter, Howie Dorough and Brian Littrell, and former band member Kevin Richardson.
What did Karidis think of the risque shoot? "She thought it was best not to put it up at the wedding," Shields says, "which I agree with."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite