Backstreet Boys' AJ McLean Dressed in Drag Before Wedding!
- Photo: TylerShields.com/.1 of 11
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage2 of 11
- Photo: John Cronise/WENN3 of 11
- Photo: Vivien Killilea/WireImage4 of 11
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP5 of 11
- Photo: MATT SAYLES/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: Stefanie Keenan/WireImage7 of 11
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage8 of 11
- Photo: Larry Busacca/Retna Ltd.9 of 11
- Photo: Fame Pictures10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'Gotham' Stars Donal Logue and Robin Lord Taylor Talk 'Trying to Merge LiMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 7:00:00 AM
- Review: Kenny Chesney shows the way on new albumMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 6:54:00 AM
- 9 Marquez e-books coming out in EnglishMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 6:52:02 AM
- Maestro Muti skipping strike-plagued Rome theaterMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 6:49:44 AM
- APNewsBreak: 'The Lion King' makes historyMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 6:46:02 AM
- 'Gotham' Stars Donal Logue and Robin Lord Taylor Talk 'Trying to Merge Li
Before AJ McLean tied the knot on Dec. 17, the Backstreet Boys singer took part in a gender-bending photo shoot with Tyler Shields.
Wearing a strapless tulle dress and Christian Louboutin platforms, the 34-year-old sat "in a dirty alley" for his drag debut. According to Shields, the photo shoot was a fun way to dispel rumors about the musician.
"It's funny because people have a stigma about people in boy bands. A lot of people just think, 'Oh, you are in a boy band, so you must be gay,' which could not be further from the truth," Shields tells Us Weekly. "I think we just wanted to play with that."
McLean surprised Shields with his willingness to try new things.
"Walking across the street in those shoes is brave for anyone, but when you have no practice at it and almost fall down 10 times while wearing a dress. . . I'll give it to him," Shields tells Us. "I was impressed!"
McLean wed Rochelle Deanna Karidis later that night in front of Backstreet Boys' Nick Carter, Howie Dorough and Brian Littrell, and former band member Kevin Richardson.
What did Karidis think of the risque shoot? "She thought it was best not to put it up at the wedding," Shields says, "which I agree with."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Take a peek at Jessica Simpson’s kissy Instagram feed on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite