Backstreet Boys' AJ McLean Dressed in Drag Before Wedding!
- Photo: TylerShields.com/.1 of 11
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage2 of 11
- Photo: John Cronise/WENN3 of 11
- Photo: Vivien Killilea/WireImage4 of 11
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP5 of 11
- Photo: MATT SAYLES/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: Stefanie Keenan/WireImage7 of 11
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage8 of 11
- Photo: Larry Busacca/Retna Ltd.9 of 11
- Photo: Fame Pictures10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'Halo' makers shed light on live-action seriesMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:48:47 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:22 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:22:52 PM
- Made in America music festival rocks Los AngelesMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:22:43 PM
- 'Escape From New York' Reboot Following 'Group' Thinking of &MSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:20:00 PM
- Joan Rivers Has Been Put on Life SupportMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:06:00 PM
- 'Halo' makers shed light on live-action series
Before AJ McLean tied the knot on Dec. 17, the Backstreet Boys singer took part in a gender-bending photo shoot with Tyler Shields.
Wearing a strapless tulle dress and Christian Louboutin platforms, the 34-year-old sat "in a dirty alley" for his drag debut. According to Shields, the photo shoot was a fun way to dispel rumors about the musician.
"It's funny because people have a stigma about people in boy bands. A lot of people just think, 'Oh, you are in a boy band, so you must be gay,' which could not be further from the truth," Shields tells Us Weekly. "I think we just wanted to play with that."
McLean surprised Shields with his willingness to try new things.
"Walking across the street in those shoes is brave for anyone, but when you have no practice at it and almost fall down 10 times while wearing a dress. . . I'll give it to him," Shields tells Us. "I was impressed!"
McLean wed Rochelle Deanna Karidis later that night in front of Backstreet Boys' Nick Carter, Howie Dorough and Brian Littrell, and former band member Kevin Richardson.
What did Karidis think of the risque shoot? "She thought it was best not to put it up at the wedding," Shields says, "which I agree with."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, and Selena Gomez all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite