Beckham sues publisher over prostitute claims
- Photo: Splash News1 of 6
- Photo: Splash News2 of 6
- Photo: GettyImages.com3 of 6
- Photo: Splash News4 of 6
- Photo: Promotional5 of 6
More Celeb News
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:48 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 3:48:49 PM
- Newport Folk Festival celebrates 55th anniversaryMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 3:48:41 PM
- 'Beneath' Director Ben Ketai on Sam Raimi's Tutelage, Claustrophobic CoalMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 3:46:00 PM
- Yes! Former WWE champ catches suspected burglarMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 3:39:18 PM
- 'Agent Carter' First Episodes to Be Directed by 'Captain America: Winter MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 3:29:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:48 p.m. EDT
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Lawyers for David Beckham have filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles alleging that a magazine knowingly published false claims that the soccer superstar had sex with prostitutes.
The suit filed Friday in Los Angeles Superior Court accuses Delaware-based Bauer Publishing Company LP and its affiliates of libel, slander and intentional infliction of emotional distress for the In Touch magazine article.
The suit also names 26-year-old Irma Nici, who is quoted as saying she was a call girl who slept with Beckham five times in 2007. She claims he also had sex with a second prostitute.
Beckham publicist Jeff Raymond says suits are being filed in other jurisdictions including Germany, where Bauer's parent corporation is located.
An e-mail to Bauer late Friday was not returned.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite