Bee Gees star Robin Gibb hospitalized
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: SANG TAN/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: GEERT VANDEN WIJNGAERT/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Mario Vedder/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court saysMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court says
LONDON (AP) -- Bee Gees star Robin Gibb has undergone further surgery following a sustained illness, a publicist said Wednesday.
Gibb is recovering in the hospital after intestinal surgery over the weekend and has been forced to cancel a number of commitments, publicist Doug Wright said.
Gibb is slated to attend the Royal Philharmonic's premiere performance of "The Titanic Requiem" in London on April 10, and will perform a new song, "Don't Cry Alone."
The requiem, a classical composition by Gibb and his son, RJ, commemorates the April 1912 sinking of the ocean liner and the loss of more than 1,500 lives.
Gibb, 62, was hospitalized late last year for stomach and colon problems, but told the BBC last month he was making a good recovery. He did not disclose the nature of his illness, but said a growth on his colon had been removed.
Gibb has lost weight and has appeared extremely gaunt in his rare public appearances.
The Bee Gees had a string of hits in the disco era, including "Stayin' Alive."
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite