Bee Gees star Robin Gibb hospitalized
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: SANG TAN/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: GEERT VANDEN WIJNGAERT/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Mario Vedder/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
LONDON (AP) -- Bee Gees star Robin Gibb has undergone further surgery following a sustained illness, a publicist said Wednesday.
Gibb is recovering in the hospital after intestinal surgery over the weekend and has been forced to cancel a number of commitments, publicist Doug Wright said.
Gibb is slated to attend the Royal Philharmonic's premiere performance of "The Titanic Requiem" in London on April 10, and will perform a new song, "Don't Cry Alone."
The requiem, a classical composition by Gibb and his son, RJ, commemorates the April 1912 sinking of the ocean liner and the loss of more than 1,500 lives.
Gibb, 62, was hospitalized late last year for stomach and colon problems, but told the BBC last month he was making a good recovery. He did not disclose the nature of his illness, but said a growth on his colon had been removed.
Gibb has lost weight and has appeared extremely gaunt in his rare public appearances.
The Bee Gees had a string of hits in the disco era, including "Stayin' Alive."
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Julianne Moore, Amy Adams, Kim Kardashian and Kris Jenner all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite