Bee Gees star Robin Gibb hospitalized
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: SANG TAN/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: GEERT VANDEN WIJNGAERT/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Mario Vedder/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Justin Bartha, Wife Welcome Baby GirlMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 7:45:00 AM
- New Lego Movie Hits Tribeca But This One's a DocumentaryMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 6:07:00 AM
- Tribeca Docs on Government Spying: 'What Was Illegal Under Nixon Is Legal Under Obama&aMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 9:25:00 PM
- Cloning Around: Orphan Black Resurrects the (Presumed) DeadMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 7:00:00 PM
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to PromMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Justin Bartha, Wife Welcome Baby Girl
LONDON (AP) -- Bee Gees star Robin Gibb has undergone further surgery following a sustained illness, a publicist said Wednesday.
Gibb is recovering in the hospital after intestinal surgery over the weekend and has been forced to cancel a number of commitments, publicist Doug Wright said.
Gibb is slated to attend the Royal Philharmonic's premiere performance of "The Titanic Requiem" in London on April 10, and will perform a new song, "Don't Cry Alone."
The requiem, a classical composition by Gibb and his son, RJ, commemorates the April 1912 sinking of the ocean liner and the loss of more than 1,500 lives.
Gibb, 62, was hospitalized late last year for stomach and colon problems, but told the BBC last month he was making a good recovery. He did not disclose the nature of his illness, but said a growth on his colon had been removed.
Gibb has lost weight and has appeared extremely gaunt in his rare public appearances.
The Bee Gees had a string of hits in the disco era, including "Stayin' Alive."
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's 2014 Royal Tour on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop inside Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore's fight and much more on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
The Kind Mama
The actress and New York Times best-selling author talks to WW's Chris Gardner about her new book, "The Kind Mama," having more kids, and a "Clueless" sequel...Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite