Beyonce Congratulates Gabby Douglas: Thanks for 'Inspiring All of Us!'Related: Beyonce
- Photo: VISP/GSI1 of 16
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America2 of 16
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: John Spellman/Retna Ltd.4 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.6 of 16
- Photo: Picasa/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America8 of 16
- Photo: USMagazine9 of 16
- Photo: Visual/Flynet/Fame Flynet10 of 16
- Photo: Freddie Baez/StarTraks11 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet12 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet13 of 16
- Photo: TRB/Fame Flynet14 of 16
- Photo: VISP/GSI15 of 16
More Celeb News
- MTV's 'Teen Wolf' Star Dylan O'Brien Eyed for DreamWorks&apoMSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 4:48:07 PM
- Review: Spirited, sexy version of 'Master Builder'MSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 4:42:37 PM
- Lease to Broadway's biggest theater soldMSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 4:31:38 PM
- Blossoming VOD Service Viewster Adds BBC's 'Skins,' Starz and Shine ProgrMSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 4:26:11 PM
- Ray Manzarek Death: 5 Must-See Performances (Video)MSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 4:23:37 PM
- MTV's 'Teen Wolf' Star Dylan O'Brien Eyed for DreamWorks&apo
A congratulatory tweet wasn't a big enough gesture for Beyonce to express her excitement over Gabby Douglas' historic Olympic win.
The 30-year-old singer wrote a special message on her personal website to the 16-year-old U.S. gymnast for winning gold Thursday in the women's all-around final competition.
"A huge congratulations to 16 year old Olympic Gold Medalist Gabby Douglas -- Wow -- what a thrill to watch you take this Gold!" Jay-Z's wife and mother of their six-month-old daughter, Blue Ivy, wrote. "I can tell you've been working hard for so long -- enjoy this moment, it's yours.
"Thank you for inspiring all of us!" she added. "Love, B."
With her victory, Gabby became the first African-American to win the top prize. "Someone mentioned that I was the first black American (to win the all-around gold), and I said, 'Oh yeah, I forgot about that!' I feel so honored," she told reporters via The Associated Press after her win.
Other stars took to Twitter to congratulate the young athlete (known as "The Flying Squirrel") including Oprah Winfrey, Elizabeth Banks, Gabrielle Union, Octavia Spencer, Nicki Minaj, Ian Somerhalder and fellow Olympic champ Michael Phelps.
"OMG I'm so thrilled for Gabby," Oprah tweeted Thursday. "Flowing happy tears!"
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Beyonce Congratulates Gabby Douglas: Thanks for "Inspiring All of Us!"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
- 7 of Rihanna's Worst Looks
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 17, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 16, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 15, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 14, 2013
- 7 Most Outrageous Gwyneth Paltrow Quotes
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 10, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 9, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 8, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 7, 2013
- 7 Best Bikini Bods
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 3, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 2, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 1, 2013
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Check out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
Florence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
Check out Hollywood's hottest bikini bods on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Victoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite