Beyonce, Jay-Z's Security Team Didn't Disrupt Hospital, Says Health Department
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 15
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com2 of 15
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com3 of 15
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage.com4 of 15
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com5 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com6 of 15
- Photo: WENN7 of 15
- Photo: JosiahW/Splash News8 of 15
- Photo: TOM MEINELT/Splash News9 of 15
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks10 of 15
- Photo: Walik Goshorn/Retna Ltd.11 of 15
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP12 of 15
- Photo: Sony/WENN13 of 15
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Hal Douglas, Iconic Movie Trailer Narrator, Dies at 89MSNEntertainment 3/14/2014 6:34:00 AM
- Jimmy Fallon vs. Jimmy Kimmel: The New Late Night Fight, by the NumbersMSNEntertainment 3/13/2014 11:35:00 PM
- PaleyFest: 'Veronica Mars' Creator Talks Movie Sequel, Possible Netflix or Amazon MSNEntertainment 3/13/2014 10:38:00 PM
- Scandal: Who Got Shot? MSNEntertainment 3/13/2014 8:21:00 PM
- Top Moments: The Worst Bachelor Ever and True Detective's Happy-ish EndingMSNEntertainment 3/13/2014 8:00:00 PM
- Hal Douglas, Iconic Movie Trailer Narrator, Dies at 89
Mama drama over!
Beyonce and Jay-Z welcomed baby Blue Ivy Carter on Saturday at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York, but not without some complaints! However, according to E! Online, the two complaints received by state health officials about security surrounding Blue's birth were dropped on Wednesday.
First-time parents Beyonce, 30, and Jay-Z, 42, did require a 10-man security team during their hospital stay, but it didn't interfere with other new parents and visitors having access to the facilities.
The hospital denied that the birth of Blue Ivy disrupted other patients' care, although one new dad, Neil Coulon, told the New York Daily News he was stopped three times "from entering or exiting the NICU [neonatal intensive care unit] ... just because they wanted to use the hallway."
But the state health department told E! Online that the two complaints (one done anonymously, and the other by someone who wasn't even at the hospital when Blue Ivy was born) have been dismissed.
Still, Beyonce did get some star treatment at the Upper East Side hospital. Sources tell Us Weekly she and hubby Jay-Z (real name: Shawn Carter) had special suites built for the express purpose of Blue's arrival. Six to eight rooms were torn down and turned into two deluxe suites in preparation for the baby's birth.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley, Theo James and more from the cast of "Divergent" talk about their tough roles and what they learned.Watch Video »
The Kardashian sisters take Miami in style on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite