Beyonce, Jay-Z's Security Team Didn't Disrupt Hospital, Says Health Department
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 15
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com2 of 15
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com3 of 15
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage.com4 of 15
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com5 of 15
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com6 of 15
- Photo: WENN7 of 15
- Photo: JosiahW/Splash News8 of 15
- Photo: TOM MEINELT/Splash News9 of 15
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks10 of 15
- Photo: Walik Goshorn/Retna Ltd.11 of 15
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP12 of 15
- Photo: Sony/WENN13 of 15
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP14 of 15
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
Mama drama over!
Beyonce and Jay-Z welcomed baby Blue Ivy Carter on Saturday at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York, but not without some complaints! However, according to E! Online, the two complaints received by state health officials about security surrounding Blue's birth were dropped on Wednesday.
First-time parents Beyonce, 30, and Jay-Z, 42, did require a 10-man security team during their hospital stay, but it didn't interfere with other new parents and visitors having access to the facilities.
The hospital denied that the birth of Blue Ivy disrupted other patients' care, although one new dad, Neil Coulon, told the New York Daily News he was stopped three times "from entering or exiting the NICU [neonatal intensive care unit] ... just because they wanted to use the hallway."
But the state health department told E! Online that the two complaints (one done anonymously, and the other by someone who wasn't even at the hospital when Blue Ivy was born) have been dismissed.
Still, Beyonce did get some star treatment at the Upper East Side hospital. Sources tell Us Weekly she and hubby Jay-Z (real name: Shawn Carter) had special suites built for the express purpose of Blue's arrival. Six to eight rooms were torn down and turned into two deluxe suites in preparation for the baby's birth.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Malin Akerman, Courtney Love, and Florence Welch all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Gold
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite