Beyonce slams surrogacy rumors: I'm not that vain
- Photo: Hollywood Branded/Blackberry Porsche/Flickr/.1 of 31
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage2 of 31
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 31
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage4 of 31
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Wonderwall5 of 31
- Photo: @baddiebey/Instagram6 of 31
- Photo: KRIEGER/Bauer-Griffin7 of 31
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage8 of 31
- Photo: REX Features/.9 of 31
- Photo: Johnny Nunez/WireImage10 of 31
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Inset Tumblr/Bauer-Griffin11 of 31
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage12 of 31
- Photo: VISP/GSI13 of 31
- Photo: Fame Flynet14 of 31
- Photo: MJT/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.15 of 31
- Photo: VISP/GSI16 of 31
- Photo: Rex USA17 of 31
- Photo: Morry Gash/Invision/AP18 of 31
- Photo: RICHARD YOUNG/Rex USA19 of 31
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage20 of 31
- Photo: Instagram/.21 of 31
- Photo: Instagram/.22 of 31
- Photo: Instagram/.23 of 31
- Photo: Alan Diaz/Invision/AP24 of 31
- Photo: Julio Cortez/Invision/AP25 of 31
- Photo: Matt York/Invision/AP26 of 31
- Photo: Winslow Townson/Invision/AP27 of 31
- Photo: Kim Johnson Flodin/Invision/AP28 of 31
- Photo: Tony Gutierrez/Invision/AP29 of 31
- Photo: BILL KOSTROUN/Invision/AP30 of 31
More Celeb News
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and CompMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:42:00 PM
- BuzzFeed Taps Andrew Gauthier to Lead Video DivisionMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Roger Goodell Won't Resign From NFL, But Promises Conduct Policy ChangesMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 3:29:00 PM
- HBO Suspends Pre-Production of Brian De Palma's Penn State Molestation Film 'To DeMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- Dancing's Derek Hough: We Have Something "Potentially Dangerous" PlannedMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and Comp
Beyonce unflinchingly parses through fact and fiction about her high-profile pregnancy in "Life Is but a Dream," her new HBO documentary that debuts later this month. As Us Weekly revealed on Thursday, the 31-year-old opens up candidly in the film about the miscarriage she and husband Jay-Z endured before the successful January 2012 birth of daughter Blue Ivy.
The singer also puts to rest, once and for all, persistent speculation that she used a surrogate to carry Blue Ivy. Conspiracy theorists harshly claimed that Beyonce even sported a false baby bump in the nine months leading up to her baby's birth.
"To think that I would be that vain," the Grammy winner retorts in the film. "I respect mothers and women so much. To be able to experience bringing a child into this world, if you're lucky and fortunate enough to experience that, I would never ever take that for granted."
She says of carrying a child: "It's the most powerful thing you can do in your life -- and especially after losing a child, the pain and trauma from that just makes it mean that much more. ... A child, you don't play around with that."
Calling her miscarriage the "saddest thing I've ever been through," she says becoming a mother to Blue became a truly life-defining moment. "My baby was born out of a conflict in my life and that struggle had to be settled. I wouldn't have gone through the pain if I hadn't gone down the path," she surmises. "There's something so relieving about life taking over you like that. You're playing a part in a much bigger show, and that's what life is, it's the greatest show on Earth. ... I felt like God was giving me a chance to assist in a miracle."
Beyonce plays the Super Bowl halftime show in New Orleans this Sunday. Singing the National Anthem live Thursday at a press conference for the event, she also acknowledged that she used a prerecorded track while singing the same song. "I did not have time to rehearse with the orchestra. It was a live television show. ... Due to the weather, due to the delay, due to no proper sound check... I did not feel comfortable singing live."
Still, this Sunday, she "absolutely" will be singing live, she assured reporters.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Get out the vote
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Royal Beach Bods
Check out the hottest royals enjoying their beach vacations.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Even boldfaced names like Pamela Anderson and John Krasinski get star-struck on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGorgeous Gwen
From Crowd Ignite