Beyonce steps out in fur collar while going vegan
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage1 of 12
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News2 of 12
- Photo: Splash News3 of 12
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 12
- Photo: @beyonce/Instagram5 of 12
- Photo: Frank Micelotta/AP6 of 12
- Photo: Frank Micelotta/Frank Micelotta/Invision for Parkwood Entertainment/AP7 of 12
- Photo: Sue Ogrocki/AP8 of 12
- Photo: FameFlynetUK/Fame Flynet9 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 12
- Photo: Pichichi/Splash News11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your DadMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Gets It On with a Clown—On Camera—for GQMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Exclusive: Royal Pains Adds Alpha House Alum for Mysterious Recurring RoleMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 2:31:00 PM
- Apple Revenue Climbs to $45.6 Billion Thanks to Strong iPhone SalesMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:49:00 PM
- WWE's Stone Cold Steve Austin Slams 'Motherfkers' Who Don't AgreMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:03:00 PM
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your Dad
Somebody call the fashion police! She pledged to go vegan in terms of food -- not fashion. Beyonce and husband Jay Z stepped out for an animal-product-free lunch on Thursday, Dec. 5, hitting up Westwood, Calif. vegan hotspot Native Foods as part of their "22 Days Challenge." Alas, there was one surprising item on the R&B singer's back: Real animal fur.
The 32-year-old mom to Blue Ivy walked into the restaurant wearing a camouflage Christopher Kane wool-blend parka with a real fox fur collar. (Dedicated vegans typically not only avoid dairy and meat as part of their daily diets, but also forego animal-derived clothing as well.) She paired her look with suede (eek!) platform boots and chic quilted pants. See more pics here.
Despite her fashion gaffe, Bey and her music mogul husband, 44, noshed vegan goodies like Portobello mushroom, mac 'n' cheese and corn -- which she dutifully shared on Instagram with fans. Music's royal couple left their 23-month-old baby girl Blue at home.
On his Life + Times blog on Dec. 3, Jay Z shared that he was embarking on a 22 day vegan diet -- a "spiritual and physical cleanse" -- until Christmas Day with his wife. "Psychologists have said it takes 21 days to make or break a habit. On the 22nd day, you’ve found the way."
In terms of diet, Jay and Bey are making good on their vow. On Wednesday, for the rapper's 44th birthday, the two enjoyed lunch at another Hollywood vegan eatery, Cafe Gratitude, where stars like Anne Hathaway and Ariana Grande were also present. As previously reported, the couple enjoyed plant-based dishes like curried lentils, marinated kale salad, corn tacos with chipotle butternut squash, and even a dessert of chocolate truffles (vegan, of course).
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite