Beyonce steps out in fur collar while going vegan
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage1 of 12
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News2 of 12
- Photo: Splash News3 of 12
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 12
- Photo: @beyonce/Instagram5 of 12
- Photo: Frank Micelotta/AP6 of 12
- Photo: Frank Micelotta/Frank Micelotta/Invision for Parkwood Entertainment/AP7 of 12
- Photo: Sue Ogrocki/AP8 of 12
- Photo: FameFlynetUK/Fame Flynet9 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 12
- Photo: Pichichi/Splash News11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Jon Klein on His New Online Venture: 'We've Created the Company That I Feared WoulMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:41:00 PM
- 'Game of Thrones' Star Kristian Nairn Comes Out: 'I've Been WaitMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:31:00 PM
- Television Academy Announces New Name, Fundraising DriveMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:18:00 PM
- Anne Sweeney Exiting Disney-ABC to Become TV DirectorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:10:00 PM
- Adam Carolla's 'Catch a Contractor' Debut Is Spike's Best in 3 YMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:06:00 PM
- Jon Klein on His New Online Venture: 'We've Created the Company That I Feared Woul
Somebody call the fashion police! She pledged to go vegan in terms of food -- not fashion. Beyonce and husband Jay Z stepped out for an animal-product-free lunch on Thursday, Dec. 5, hitting up Westwood, Calif. vegan hotspot Native Foods as part of their "22 Days Challenge." Alas, there was one surprising item on the R&B singer's back: Real animal fur.
The 32-year-old mom to Blue Ivy walked into the restaurant wearing a camouflage Christopher Kane wool-blend parka with a real fox fur collar. (Dedicated vegans typically not only avoid dairy and meat as part of their daily diets, but also forego animal-derived clothing as well.) She paired her look with suede (eek!) platform boots and chic quilted pants. See more pics here.
Despite her fashion gaffe, Bey and her music mogul husband, 44, noshed vegan goodies like Portobello mushroom, mac 'n' cheese and corn -- which she dutifully shared on Instagram with fans. Music's royal couple left their 23-month-old baby girl Blue at home.
On his Life + Times blog on Dec. 3, Jay Z shared that he was embarking on a 22 day vegan diet -- a "spiritual and physical cleanse" -- until Christmas Day with his wife. "Psychologists have said it takes 21 days to make or break a habit. On the 22nd day, you’ve found the way."
In terms of diet, Jay and Bey are making good on their vow. On Wednesday, for the rapper's 44th birthday, the two enjoyed lunch at another Hollywood vegan eatery, Cafe Gratitude, where stars like Anne Hathaway and Ariana Grande were also present. As previously reported, the couple enjoyed plant-based dishes like curried lentils, marinated kale salad, corn tacos with chipotle butternut squash, and even a dessert of chocolate truffles (vegan, of course).
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite