Beyonce steps out in fur collar while going vegan
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage1 of 12
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News2 of 12
- Photo: Splash News3 of 12
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 12
- Photo: @beyonce/Instagram5 of 12
- Photo: Frank Micelotta/AP6 of 12
- Photo: Frank Micelotta/Frank Micelotta/Invision for Parkwood Entertainment/AP7 of 12
- Photo: Sue Ogrocki/AP8 of 12
- Photo: FameFlynetUK/Fame Flynet9 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 12
- Photo: Pichichi/Splash News11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
Somebody call the fashion police! She pledged to go vegan in terms of food -- not fashion. Beyonce and husband Jay Z stepped out for an animal-product-free lunch on Thursday, Dec. 5, hitting up Westwood, Calif. vegan hotspot Native Foods as part of their "22 Days Challenge." Alas, there was one surprising item on the R&B singer's back: Real animal fur.
The 32-year-old mom to Blue Ivy walked into the restaurant wearing a camouflage Christopher Kane wool-blend parka with a real fox fur collar. (Dedicated vegans typically not only avoid dairy and meat as part of their daily diets, but also forego animal-derived clothing as well.) She paired her look with suede (eek!) platform boots and chic quilted pants. See more pics here.
Despite her fashion gaffe, Bey and her music mogul husband, 44, noshed vegan goodies like Portobello mushroom, mac 'n' cheese and corn -- which she dutifully shared on Instagram with fans. Music's royal couple left their 23-month-old baby girl Blue at home.
On his Life + Times blog on Dec. 3, Jay Z shared that he was embarking on a 22 day vegan diet -- a "spiritual and physical cleanse" -- until Christmas Day with his wife. "Psychologists have said it takes 21 days to make or break a habit. On the 22nd day, you’ve found the way."
In terms of diet, Jay and Bey are making good on their vow. On Wednesday, for the rapper's 44th birthday, the two enjoyed lunch at another Hollywood vegan eatery, Cafe Gratitude, where stars like Anne Hathaway and Ariana Grande were also present. As previously reported, the couple enjoyed plant-based dishes like curried lentils, marinated kale salad, corn tacos with chipotle butternut squash, and even a dessert of chocolate truffles (vegan, of course).
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite