Beyonce To Be Immortalized with Hometown Monument
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: Johnny Nunez/WireImage5 of 13
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: Hee Chul Kim/WireImage7 of 13
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage8 of 13
- Photo: Splash News9 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 13
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP11 of 13
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP12 of 13
More Celeb News
- DreamWorks Animation Loses $15.4 Million in Its Latest QuarterMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 1:12:00 PM
- FXX's 'The League' Gets Season 6 Premiere DateMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 12:59:00 PM
- Horror Movie 'Inner Demons' Acquired by IFC MidnightMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 12:55:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Tried to Settle Michael Egan Sex Abuse Lawsuit for $100,000 (Report)MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 12:51:00 PM
- CW to Honor Dogs With Glitzy Awards ShowMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 12:35:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Loses $15.4 Million in Its Latest Quarter
Pop star Beyonce is set to be honored with a monument in her hometown of Houston.
Developers at Armdeonce Ventures are designing a statue which will highlight the singer's life and showcase memorabilia from her career.
CEO of the company, Marcus Mitchell, tells My Fox Houston, "Our biggest thing is a lot of people get honored when they die, so our goal is to why not honor people why they're still here? We felt as though it’s her time to be honored. We wanted to construct ... a massive hall so as the doors open, if you donated to the monument, you'll have a separate nameplate.
RELATED: Children of Music Royalty
"There will be clips of Beyonce with Destiny’s Child and wardrobe like a mini-museum. We’ve gotten support from the city of Houston, from the mayor."
RELATED: Stylish Besties
Proceeds from the site will be donated to a number of charitable organizations, including Music for America and Beyonce's Survivor Foundation, which offers relief to victims of natural disasters.
Bosses are hoping to unveil the project on Beyonce's birthday, Sept. 4.
Where Are They?
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVegas Turn Up
From Crowd Ignite