Beyonce: Why I Waited to Get Pregnant
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Jean Catuffe/PacificCoastNews.com2 of 16
- Photo: Rick Davis/Splash News3 of 16
- Photo: Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News5 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/StarTraks7 of 16
- Photo: Wenzelberg/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Michael Buckner/Getty Images North America13 of 16
- Photo: Jose Perez/Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage.com15 of 16
More Celeb News
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:27 a.m. ESTMSNEntertainment 12/13/2013 3:53:18 AM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:27 a.m. EST
"All I see now are clothes that are flattering on a pregnant woman," the House of Dereon co-founder (along with mom Tina Knowles) tells the magazine. "It's been so exciting for me! I love figuring out designs that still make me feel edgy and sexy while pregnant."
Her lessons so far: "Flowy fabrics are always flattering..but I still rock my stilettos."
Long the subject of pregnancy speculation, the "Countdown" singer, due in February, explains that she intentionally waited to get pregnant.
"It was important to me that I gave myself time to focus on becoming the woman I want to be, building my empire, my relationship, and my self-worth, before I became a mother," the star says. "Now God has blessed us with the ultimate."
Accordingly, the moment she decided to announce the pregnancy -- on the red carpet at the MTV Video Music Awards in late August -- was also painstakingly planned.
"I put a lot of thought into how I wanted to unveil it. It was important to me that I was able to do it myself," she says of rubbing her bump on the red carpet in an orange Lanvin gown. "I was extremely nervous. It was the toughest red carpet I ever did... I decided to say nothing and proudly show my baby bump. I felt it was more powerful to see the love and enthusiasm as opposed to saying anything."
The father, of course, is her husband of three years, Jay-Z.
"We have been together since I was 20 years old," explains the star, who has been famously tight-lipped about their romance. "We took our time and developed an unbreakable friendship before we got married."
And she and the hip-hop mogul (real name: Shawn Carter) were accordingly careful before conceiving their first child.
"We focused three years on our marriage and found that it brought us an even stronger bond and connection. But like anything great and successful in your life, marriage takes hard work and sacrifice. It has to be something both you and your husband deeply want," she explains.
"The best thing about marriage is the amount of growth you have because you can no longer hide from your fears and insecurities. There's someone right there calling you out on your flaws and building you up when you need the support. If you are with the right person, it brings out the best version of you."
Kristen Stewart, Paula Abdul, and Kim Kardashian all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
Find out why Lena Dunham, Jaden Smith, and Rihanna need fashion resolutions for 2014.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'70s Style
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite