Beyonce: Why I Waited to Get Pregnant
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Jean Catuffe/PacificCoastNews.com2 of 16
- Photo: Rick Davis/Splash News3 of 16
- Photo: Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News5 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Kristina Bumphrey/StarTraks7 of 16
- Photo: Wenzelberg/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Michael Buckner/Getty Images North America13 of 16
- Photo: Jose Perez/Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage.com15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Police have warrant in attempted Banksy theftMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 2:54:20 PM
- REPORT: Christian Bale is Going to be a Dad AgainMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 2:12:00 PM
- Nate Silver's FiveThirtyEight.Com Re-Launching This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 1:41:00 PM
- 'Nymphomaniac' Reviews: Is Lars von Triers' Latest Sexy or Stupid?MSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 1:15:00 PM
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92MSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 11:56:31 AM
- Police have warrant in attempted Banksy theft
"All I see now are clothes that are flattering on a pregnant woman," the House of Dereon co-founder (along with mom Tina Knowles) tells the magazine. "It's been so exciting for me! I love figuring out designs that still make me feel edgy and sexy while pregnant."
Her lessons so far: "Flowy fabrics are always flattering..but I still rock my stilettos."
Long the subject of pregnancy speculation, the "Countdown" singer, due in February, explains that she intentionally waited to get pregnant.
"It was important to me that I gave myself time to focus on becoming the woman I want to be, building my empire, my relationship, and my self-worth, before I became a mother," the star says. "Now God has blessed us with the ultimate."
Accordingly, the moment she decided to announce the pregnancy -- on the red carpet at the MTV Video Music Awards in late August -- was also painstakingly planned.
"I put a lot of thought into how I wanted to unveil it. It was important to me that I was able to do it myself," she says of rubbing her bump on the red carpet in an orange Lanvin gown. "I was extremely nervous. It was the toughest red carpet I ever did... I decided to say nothing and proudly show my baby bump. I felt it was more powerful to see the love and enthusiasm as opposed to saying anything."
The father, of course, is her husband of three years, Jay-Z.
"We have been together since I was 20 years old," explains the star, who has been famously tight-lipped about their romance. "We took our time and developed an unbreakable friendship before we got married."
And she and the hip-hop mogul (real name: Shawn Carter) were accordingly careful before conceiving their first child.
"We focused three years on our marriage and found that it brought us an even stronger bond and connection. But like anything great and successful in your life, marriage takes hard work and sacrifice. It has to be something both you and your husband deeply want," she explains.
"The best thing about marriage is the amount of growth you have because you can no longer hide from your fears and insecurities. There's someone right there calling you out on your flaws and building you up when you need the support. If you are with the right person, it brings out the best version of you."
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
"Shahs of Sunset" star Reza Farahan talks about his recent outburst on the show, the future with his boyfriend Adam and more!Watch Video »
Miranda Kerr chats about this year's Victoria's Secret Fashion Show and more with Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite