Beyonce Writes Public Thank You Letter to Michelle Obama
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks1 of 17
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage2 of 17
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage3 of 17
- Photo: TRB/PAL/Fame Flynet4 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional5 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional6 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional7 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional8 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional9 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional10 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional11 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional12 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional13 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional14 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional15 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional16 of 17
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
Beyonce is continuing to get personal in a public way with her newly relaunched website.
In a touching hand-written letter, the star, 30, thanks First Lady Michelle Obama for being a role model for her and Jay-Z's three-month-old daughter, Blue Ivy Carter.
"Michelle is the ultimate example of a truly strong African American woman," the singer posted on Beyonce.com. "She is a caring mother, she's a loving wife, while at the same time, she is the First Lady!!!!"
"No matter the pressure, and the stress of being under the microscope -- she's humble, loving, and sincere," Beyonce write. "She builds and nurtures her family, while also looking out for so many millions in so many ways."
Beyonce has been a long-standing supporter of the Obama family. She performed Etta James' "At Last" at President Barack Obamas' 2008 inaugural ball and teamed up with the First Lady last year for her Let's Move campaign.
She ended her letter with a personal note. "Michelle, thank you so much for every single thing that u do for us -- I am proud to have my daughter grow up in a world where she has people like you, to look up to."
Tell Us: What do you think of Beyonce's thank you letter?
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Justin Timberlake, see some of the hottest stars from the south.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite