Beyonce Writes Public Thank You Letter to Michelle Obama
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks1 of 17
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage2 of 17
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage3 of 17
- Photo: TRB/PAL/Fame Flynet4 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional5 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional6 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional7 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional8 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional9 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional10 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional11 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional12 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional13 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional14 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional15 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional16 of 17
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
Beyonce is continuing to get personal in a public way with her newly relaunched website.
In a touching hand-written letter, the star, 30, thanks First Lady Michelle Obama for being a role model for her and Jay-Z's three-month-old daughter, Blue Ivy Carter.
"Michelle is the ultimate example of a truly strong African American woman," the singer posted on Beyonce.com. "She is a caring mother, she's a loving wife, while at the same time, she is the First Lady!!!!"
"No matter the pressure, and the stress of being under the microscope -- she's humble, loving, and sincere," Beyonce write. "She builds and nurtures her family, while also looking out for so many millions in so many ways."
Beyonce has been a long-standing supporter of the Obama family. She performed Etta James' "At Last" at President Barack Obamas' 2008 inaugural ball and teamed up with the First Lady last year for her Let's Move campaign.
She ended her letter with a personal note. "Michelle, thank you so much for every single thing that u do for us -- I am proud to have my daughter grow up in a world where she has people like you, to look up to."
Tell Us: What do you think of Beyonce's thank you letter?
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite