Beyonce Writes Public Thank You Letter to Michelle Obama
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks1 of 17
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage2 of 17
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage3 of 17
- Photo: TRB/PAL/Fame Flynet4 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional5 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional6 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional7 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional8 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional9 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional10 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional11 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional12 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional13 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional14 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional15 of 17
- Photo: beyonce.tumblr.com/Promotional16 of 17
More Celeb News
- 'Saved by the Bell' Casting Director on Returning for the Movie, Why Finding a NewMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 11:11:00 AM
- VENICE WATCH: McDormand hails female storiesMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:20:02 AM
- 'Guardians' tops Labor Day, summer box officeMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:07:27 AM
- Jennifer Lawrence requests nude pics investigationMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 9:43:01 AM
- Barnes, Heigl in tune in romance 'Jackie and Ryan'MSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 7:47:36 AM
- 'Saved by the Bell' Casting Director on Returning for the Movie, Why Finding a New
Beyonce is continuing to get personal in a public way with her newly relaunched website.
In a touching hand-written letter, the star, 30, thanks First Lady Michelle Obama for being a role model for her and Jay-Z's three-month-old daughter, Blue Ivy Carter.
"Michelle is the ultimate example of a truly strong African American woman," the singer posted on Beyonce.com. "She is a caring mother, she's a loving wife, while at the same time, she is the First Lady!!!!"
"No matter the pressure, and the stress of being under the microscope -- she's humble, loving, and sincere," Beyonce write. "She builds and nurtures her family, while also looking out for so many millions in so many ways."
Beyonce has been a long-standing supporter of the Obama family. She performed Etta James' "At Last" at President Barack Obamas' 2008 inaugural ball and teamed up with the First Lady last year for her Let's Move campaign.
She ended her letter with a personal note. "Michelle, thank you so much for every single thing that u do for us -- I am proud to have my daughter grow up in a world where she has people like you, to look up to."
Tell Us: What do you think of Beyonce's thank you letter?
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite