Justin Bieber auctions snake for charity
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital1 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com2 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com4 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com5 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com6 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com7 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com8 of 16
- Photo: WENN/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: WENN/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: Star Magazine/Promotional11 of 16
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: WENN14 of 16
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Idris Elba Thriller 'No Good Deed' Launches Unique Social Media CampaignMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 10:48:00 AM
- LA's Made in America concert set to rock downtownMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 10:18:48 AM
- 'November Man' and 'As Above' Are No Match for 'GuardiaMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 8:35:00 AM
- Gabrielle Union and Dwayne Wade Before the Wedding MSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 8:09:00 AM
- Wrestler Jake "The Snake" Roberts HospitalizedMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 7:41:00 AM
- Idris Elba Thriller 'No Good Deed' Launches Unique Social Media Campaign
Singer Justin Bieber is auctioning the snake he brought as his date to the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards to raise money for charity.
The teen star posed with a baby boa constrictor on the red carpet at the Los Angeles prize-giving in August (2011), telling reporters the pet's name was Johnson.
Now he's donated the reptile to a celebrity auction and will hand over the proceeds to Pencils of Promise, an organization which funds schools in the poorest parts of the world.
A message on the CharityBuzz website warns fans, "Keeping a pet snake is a long term responsibility. Before making any decision about keeping one, please ensure you have the money, space, knowledge, time, resources and enthusiasm required to properly care for the species you intend to keep, for the duration of its life."
The winner must also guarantee necessary veterinary care will be provided.
Johnson is expected to fetch $1,000.
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jared Leto, Madonna and Jaime King all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Carmen Electra, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite