Justin Bieber auctions snake for charity
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital1 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com2 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com4 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com5 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com6 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com7 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com8 of 16
- Photo: WENN/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: WENN/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: Star Magazine/Promotional11 of 16
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: WENN14 of 16
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
Singer Justin Bieber is auctioning the snake he brought as his date to the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards to raise money for charity.
The teen star posed with a baby boa constrictor on the red carpet at the Los Angeles prize-giving in August (2011), telling reporters the pet's name was Johnson.
Now he's donated the reptile to a celebrity auction and will hand over the proceeds to Pencils of Promise, an organization which funds schools in the poorest parts of the world.
A message on the CharityBuzz website warns fans, "Keeping a pet snake is a long term responsibility. Before making any decision about keeping one, please ensure you have the money, space, knowledge, time, resources and enthusiasm required to properly care for the species you intend to keep, for the duration of its life."
The winner must also guarantee necessary veterinary care will be provided.
Johnson is expected to fetch $1,000.
Where Are They?
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite