Justin Bieber's grandparents resting at home after car accident
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage2 of 11
- Photo: Monty Brinton/CBS/.3 of 11
- Photo: Clasos.com/Splash News4 of 11
- Photo: Splash News5 of 11
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com6 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 11
- Photo: A-way!/Splash News8 of 11
- Photo: Olga Bermejo/Splash News9 of 11
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Television Academy Announces New Name, Fundraising DriveMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:18:00 PM
- Anne Sweeney Exiting Disney-ABC to Become TV DirectorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:10:00 PM
- Adam Carolla's 'Catch a Contractor' Debut Is Spike's Best in 3 YMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:06:00 PM
- American Idol's Emily Piriz: The Judges "Have Been a Little Harder On Us This YearMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:00:00 PM
- Oprah's Harpo Films to Adapt Book Club Selection 'The Invention of Wings'MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 11:53:00 AM
- Television Academy Announces New Name, Fundraising Drive
Justin Bieber's grandfather has been discharged from the hospital following a serious car accident in Canada.
RELATED: Year in Review: Beach Cruising 2011
Bieber's mom, Pattie Mallette, took to her Twitter page to ask for prayers on Wednesday after the vehicle her parents, Bruce and Diane Dale, were driving careened out of control and flipped into a ditch.
In a post, she wrote, "My dad has broken ribs. Plz pray 4 him 4 quick healing! Count your blessings & forgive ur parents always. U never know what tomorrow holds!!!"
Officials at Ontario’s Provincial Police Department have since revealed details of the crash, saying the accident took place near the couple's home in Perth on Tuesday around 1 p.m. local time, shortly after the area's first snowfall.
Kees Wijnands, the media relations officer for Perth County, tells HollywoodLife.com, "It was slushy snow. They got caught in the slush and it sucked them into the ditch. As a result, the vehicle, a small SUV, rolled. They weren’t going very fast. They got in the ditch and rolled. The vehicle hit some trees and shrubbery. It rolled and landed back on its wheels. The airbags deployed. They were seat-belted in. Bruce was driving. Bruce was taken to Stratford General Hospital with minor injuries as a precaution. Diane was OK. He was treated and released. They are happy at home again."
RELATED: 2012 Love Predictions
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite