Billy Joel & Christie Brinkley Comment on Daughter Alexa's 'Dangerous Actions'
- Photo: Julie Jacobson/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com2 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 9
- Photo: Beth O. Stern/WENN4 of 9
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: RD / Leon/Retna Digital6 of 9
- Photo: Mary Altaffer/Invision/AP7 of 9
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/Retna Digital8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Captain America' and 'Rio 2' Battle for No. 1 at Box Office AftMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 8:42:00 AM
- 'Transcendence' Tanks for Johnny Depp's 4th Box-Office Flop in RowMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 7:59:00 AM
- First Lady Michelle Obama to Appear on NashvilleMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 7:54:00 AM
- Hawaii Five-0's Alex O'Loughlin MarriesMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 7:54:00 AM
- Report: Gwen Stefani Replacing Christina Aguilera on The Voice for Season 7MSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 7:48:00 AM
- 'Captain America' and 'Rio 2' Battle for No. 1 at Box Office Aft
Billy Joel and Christie Brinkley have released a joint statement to ET about their daughter, Alexa Ray's, recent hospitalization.
Joel and Brinkley's statement, which criticizes the New York Post, reads:
"Every parent can imagine the pain and anguish we face as parents of a daughter who is working to recover from the dangerous actions she took while suffering a devastating heartbreak. As much as we hate dignifying tabloid stories with a response, we feel we must set the record straight to protect our family. The story that ran in the New York Post on December 8th, and has been subsequently spread across the internet, is filled with vicious lies and attempts to smear our character and that of our beloved daughter. We ask the public and legitimate media outlets to please ‘consider the source' and to not further exacerbate our daughter's situation by repeating and legitimizing these false reports."
Alexa Ray spent several hours at St. Vincent's Hospital in New York last Saturday after reportedly consuming pills.
More on Wonderwall:
From Crowd Ignite