Billy Joel undergoes surgery on bad hip
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com1 of 6
- Photo: © Rob Kim/Retna Digital2 of 6
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News4 of 6
- Photo: RD / Leon/Retna Digital5 of 6
More Celeb News
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:27 a.m. ESTMSNEntertainment 12/13/2013 3:53:18 AM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:27 a.m. EST
Rocker Billy Joel will be putting his feet up over the Thanksgiving holiday after undergoing double hip surgery in New York last weekend.
The "Piano Man" has been hobbling around with a cane due to a congenital hip ailment in recent weeks, and relied on the cane when he celebrated the grand opening of his motorcycle showroom, 20th Century Cycles, in Oyster Bay, Long Island earlier this month.
When he stopped by Howard Stern's studio to do an interview last week, he was noticeably weak, according to E!.
"He looked so frail, he was struggling to get around, to walk it looked like," a source who saw Joel on Nov. 16 tells the website. "He had crutches and was moving slowly, kind of dragging them on the ground and grunting. People with him were being very patient, and he was nice and seemed in a good mood, just moving pretty slow."
Joel recently admitted he was raring to get back on stage and start touring again after taking time off to rest his hip.
RELATED: Read more about Billy Joel on MSN
He said, "This is the longest time I've had off in I don't know how long -- and I had fun. But I'm ready to start playing again."
On Wednesday, Christie Brinkley told RadarOnline that her ex-husband was "coming through with flying colors," following the surgery.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'70s Style
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite