Billy Ray Cyrus comments on Miley: 'She's still my little girl'
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage1 of 14
- Photo: JOHN SOMMERS/Reuters2 of 14
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP/Jason Merritt/WireImage3 of 14
- Photo: Chris Daniels/Retna Ltd.4 of 14
- Photo: Disney Channel/.5 of 14
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage6 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 14
- Photo: c.W.Disney/Everett/Rex USA8 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 14
- Photo: Wire Image/Invision/AP10 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 14
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News12 of 14
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage13 of 14
More Celeb News
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Does Mel Gibson Deserve Another Chance?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Resumes Production This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or DieMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:01:01 PM
- ABC's Ratings the Most Glaring Challenge for Anne Sweeney's SuccessorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:58:00 PM
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?
Nothing -- not even a little twerking -- can break Miley Cyrus' bond with her dad. Billy Ray Cyrus has broken his silence on his 20-year-old daughter's instantly infamous spectacle at Sunday's MTV Video Music Awards. And while there's no telling what the "Achy Breaky Heart" singer, 52, may have said to Miley in private conversation, he told Entertainment Tonight that nothing's changed.
"Of course I'll always be here for Miley. Can't wait [to] see her when she gets home," the "Hillbilly Heart" author told Nancy O'Dell of Cyrus' shocking, sexually provocative show inside Brooklyn's Barclays Center. "She's still my little girl and I'm still her dad regardless how this circus we call show business plays out. I love her unconditionally and that will never change."
Miley and her dad endured a brief estrangement back in 2011; the former "Hannah Montana" starlet drastically changed and sexed up her image after the end of the Disney show that made her a household name. "I'm scared for her," Billy Ray told GQ in February 2011 during an emotional interview.
"She's got a lot of people around her that's putting her in a great deal of danger. I know she's 18, but I still feel like as her daddy I'd like to try to help," he said. "At least get her out of danger. I want to get her sheltered from the storm. Stop the insanity just for a minute."
Drawing vague comparisons to the doomed, self-destructive lives of Kurt Cobain, Michael Jackson and Anna Nicole Smith, he continued, "I'm concerned for Miley ... [Hannah Montana] destroyed my family."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
From Crowd Ignite