Billy Ray Cyrus comments on Miley: 'She's still my little girl'
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage1 of 14
- Photo: JOHN SOMMERS/Reuters2 of 14
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP/Jason Merritt/WireImage3 of 14
- Photo: Chris Daniels/Retna Ltd.4 of 14
- Photo: Disney Channel/.5 of 14
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage6 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 14
- Photo: c.W.Disney/Everett/Rex USA8 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 14
- Photo: Wire Image/Invision/AP10 of 14
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 14
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News12 of 14
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Malcolm Gladwell Medical Drama Gets Pilot Order at FoxMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 7:22:00 AM
- Amazon Sets Premiere Date for TransparentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 7:22:00 AM
- Vicki Gunvalson Explained "What Gay Looks Like" On the RHOC ReunionMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 7:22:00 AM
- Fox Sales Exec Jean Rossi Leaving After 27 YearsMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 7:06:00 AM
- Vimeo Announces New Distribution PartnersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 7:00:00 AM
- Malcolm Gladwell Medical Drama Gets Pilot Order at Fox
Nothing -- not even a little twerking -- can break Miley Cyrus' bond with her dad. Billy Ray Cyrus has broken his silence on his 20-year-old daughter's instantly infamous spectacle at Sunday's MTV Video Music Awards. And while there's no telling what the "Achy Breaky Heart" singer, 52, may have said to Miley in private conversation, he told Entertainment Tonight that nothing's changed.
"Of course I'll always be here for Miley. Can't wait [to] see her when she gets home," the "Hillbilly Heart" author told Nancy O'Dell of Cyrus' shocking, sexually provocative show inside Brooklyn's Barclays Center. "She's still my little girl and I'm still her dad regardless how this circus we call show business plays out. I love her unconditionally and that will never change."
Miley and her dad endured a brief estrangement back in 2011; the former "Hannah Montana" starlet drastically changed and sexed up her image after the end of the Disney show that made her a household name. "I'm scared for her," Billy Ray told GQ in February 2011 during an emotional interview.
"She's got a lot of people around her that's putting her in a great deal of danger. I know she's 18, but I still feel like as her daddy I'd like to try to help," he said. "At least get her out of danger. I want to get her sheltered from the storm. Stop the insanity just for a minute."
Drawing vague comparisons to the doomed, self-destructive lives of Kurt Cobain, Michael Jackson and Anna Nicole Smith, he continued, "I'm concerned for Miley ... [Hannah Montana] destroyed my family."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Gwyneth Paltrow, get the romance rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWhat's Buzzing
From Crowd Ignite