- Photo: Joel Ryan/AP1 of 5
- Photo: RSB/HSS/WENN2 of 5
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.3 of 5
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage.com4 of 5
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Revenge' Ups Gretchen Berg, Aaron Harberts to Executive ProducersMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 5:08:58 PM
- Carole King Hits D.C. for Gershwin Salute MSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 5:03:12 PM
- Zac Efron Will Get Busted With Cocaine in Fox's 'Narc'MSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 5:00:27 PM
- Universal's 'Endless Love' Hitting Theaters on Valentine's DayMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 4:47:06 PM
- TLC's 'Little Couple' Preview: A Crash Course in Parenting (Exclusive VidMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 4:21:51 PM
- ABC's 'Revenge' Ups Gretchen Berg, Aaron Harberts to Executive Producers
Billy Ray Cyrus' achy breaky heart has gone through a lot lately.
His family troubles, including Miley's wild antics and his marital problems with wife Tish, have dominated headlines. In a new interview with Parade, Cyrus, 49, acknowledges that "fame can be dangerous."
"I try to focus on the positive," says Cyrus, who called off his divorce from Tish, 43, in March. "I think it's important to stay focused on where you wanna go. … And there will be a lot of distractions out there. That's why it's all the more important to stay focused on what you believe in."
The singer and actor says the best advice he got about fame came from fellow country singers Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash and Carl Perkins, who all told him, "'Cyrus, keep it real. Be who you are and do what you do because you love it.' I've followed that example of keeping it real. Nothing else in this business is worth it."
He and Miley, 18, ended a brief estrangement after he aired his fears about her partying and a salvia bong scandal from December. "My wish for [Miley] is to be happy," he explains. "To love what she's doing. … As long as she's happy and loving making music -- and I know she loves acting -- that's all that matters. I pray the same for Miley as I pray for my other kids -- that they live their life with purpose knowing that it's about giving back and finding out what you can do in this world to hopefully make it a better place."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite