Billy Ray Cyrus Just Wants Miley to Be Happy
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP1 of 5
- Photo: RSB/HSS/WENN2 of 5
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.3 of 5
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage.com4 of 5
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
Billy Ray Cyrus' achy breaky heart has gone through a lot lately.
His family troubles, including Miley's wild antics and his marital problems with wife Tish, have dominated headlines. In a new interview with Parade, Cyrus, 49, acknowledges that "fame can be dangerous."
"I try to focus on the positive," says Cyrus, who called off his divorce from Tish, 43, in March. "I think it's important to stay focused on where you wanna go. … And there will be a lot of distractions out there. That's why it's all the more important to stay focused on what you believe in."
The singer and actor says the best advice he got about fame came from fellow country singers Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash and Carl Perkins, who all told him, "'Cyrus, keep it real. Be who you are and do what you do because you love it.' I've followed that example of keeping it real. Nothing else in this business is worth it."
He and Miley, 18, ended a brief estrangement after he aired his fears about her partying and a salvia bong scandal from December. "My wish for [Miley] is to be happy," he explains. "To love what she's doing. … As long as she's happy and loving making music -- and I know she loves acting -- that's all that matters. I pray the same for Miley as I pray for my other kids -- that they live their life with purpose knowing that it's about giving back and finding out what you can do in this world to hopefully make it a better place."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'70s Style
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite