Blake Shelton Makes Gay Joke About Jake Gyllenhaal
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com2 of 6
- Photo: Larry Busacca/GettyImages.com3 of 6
- Photo: Erik Kabik/Retna Ltd.4 of 6
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
Uh, ha ha?
Jake Gyllenhaal was the brunt of a gay-themed joke at the beginning of Sunday's Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas.
As co-hosts Blake Shelton and Reba McEntire delivered their opening monologue, the night's big honoree Taylor Swift came up.
"Don't make jokes about Taylor Swift," McEntire warned. "If you make her mad, she'll write a song about you. She writes songs about guys who break up with her."
(It's true. Swift, 21, has reportedly penned ditties about Joe Jonas, John Mayer and others.)
"Which I don't understand in the first place. She's beautiful, she's talented, she's sweet. What in the world was Jake Gyllenhaal thinking anyway?
Shelton's retort: "Wait a minute, he was in 'Brokeback Mountain.'" The country-music crowd laughed and cheered wildly at the joke, a reference to Gyllenhaal's Oscar-nominated performance as a gay cowboy opposite Heath Ledger. (Gyllenhaal, 30, and Swift broke up over New Year's after a whirlwind couple months together.)
Also mocked: LeAnn Rimes. After McEntire happily mentioned that Carrie Underwood's hockey player husband Mike Fisher was traded to Nashville's Predators, Shelton cracked, "You know who else traded husbands this year? LeAnn Rimes." (Rimes, of course, is now engaged to Eddie Cibrian, with whom she had an affair while they were both still married to other people.)
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'70s Style
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite