Blake Shelton Makes Gay Joke About Jake Gyllenhaal
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com2 of 6
- Photo: Larry Busacca/GettyImages.com3 of 6
- Photo: Erik Kabik/Retna Ltd.4 of 6
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper Are Ruining the Country in 'American Hustle' Clip (MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:39:51 PM
- How Oscar Isaac's Career Fallback Landed Him 'Inside Llewyn Davis'MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:30:24 PM
- Nelson Mandela Death: The Anti-Apartheid Freedom Fighter's Life in Pictures (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:25:02 PM
- The Antichrist Is Coming in New 'Devil's Due' Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:14:38 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Ian Harding to Play Drug Addict in 'Dynamite: MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 3:26:12 PM
- Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper Are Ruining the Country in 'American Hustle' Clip (
Uh, ha ha?
Jake Gyllenhaal was the brunt of a gay-themed joke at the beginning of Sunday's Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas.
As co-hosts Blake Shelton and Reba McEntire delivered their opening monologue, the night's big honoree Taylor Swift came up.
"Don't make jokes about Taylor Swift," McEntire warned. "If you make her mad, she'll write a song about you. She writes songs about guys who break up with her."
(It's true. Swift, 21, has reportedly penned ditties about Joe Jonas, John Mayer and others.)
"Which I don't understand in the first place. She's beautiful, she's talented, she's sweet. What in the world was Jake Gyllenhaal thinking anyway?
Shelton's retort: "Wait a minute, he was in 'Brokeback Mountain.'" The country-music crowd laughed and cheered wildly at the joke, a reference to Gyllenhaal's Oscar-nominated performance as a gay cowboy opposite Heath Ledger. (Gyllenhaal, 30, and Swift broke up over New Year's after a whirlwind couple months together.)
Also mocked: LeAnn Rimes. After McEntire happily mentioned that Carrie Underwood's hockey player husband Mike Fisher was traded to Nashville's Predators, Shelton cracked, "You know who else traded husbands this year? LeAnn Rimes." (Rimes, of course, is now engaged to Eddie Cibrian, with whom she had an affair while they were both still married to other people.)
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBen vs. Casey
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite