Blake Shelton Makes Gay Joke About Jake Gyllenhaal
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com2 of 6
- Photo: Larry Busacca/GettyImages.com3 of 6
- Photo: Erik Kabik/Retna Ltd.4 of 6
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- SXSW: Lionsgate Nabs Rights to Bigfoot Thriller 'Exists'MSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 9:21:00 AM
- 'Supernatural' Spinoff Casts 'Arrow' Alum in Final Lead Role, GeMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 9:00:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Roars to $17 Million First Day at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 8:32:00 AM
- 'Kelly & Cal' Review: New Mom Juliette Lewis Finds an Unlikely Suburban SoMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 9:00:00 PM
- Talent Agents Adam Kanter, Martin Spencer Exit Resolution (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:14:00 PM
- SXSW: Lionsgate Nabs Rights to Bigfoot Thriller 'Exists'
Uh, ha ha?
Jake Gyllenhaal was the brunt of a gay-themed joke at the beginning of Sunday's Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas.
As co-hosts Blake Shelton and Reba McEntire delivered their opening monologue, the night's big honoree Taylor Swift came up.
"Don't make jokes about Taylor Swift," McEntire warned. "If you make her mad, she'll write a song about you. She writes songs about guys who break up with her."
(It's true. Swift, 21, has reportedly penned ditties about Joe Jonas, John Mayer and others.)
"Which I don't understand in the first place. She's beautiful, she's talented, she's sweet. What in the world was Jake Gyllenhaal thinking anyway?
Shelton's retort: "Wait a minute, he was in 'Brokeback Mountain.'" The country-music crowd laughed and cheered wildly at the joke, a reference to Gyllenhaal's Oscar-nominated performance as a gay cowboy opposite Heath Ledger. (Gyllenhaal, 30, and Swift broke up over New Year's after a whirlwind couple months together.)
Also mocked: LeAnn Rimes. After McEntire happily mentioned that Carrie Underwood's hockey player husband Mike Fisher was traded to Nashville's Predators, Shelton cracked, "You know who else traded husbands this year? LeAnn Rimes." (Rimes, of course, is now engaged to Eddie Cibrian, with whom she had an affair while they were both still married to other people.)
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
From Crowd Ignite