Bobby Brown "Energetic and Smiling" at His Concert Night of Whitney Houston's Funeral
- Photo: CHRISTINE NESBITT/Invision/AP1 of 17
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP2 of 17
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: Rich Schultz/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP7 of 17
- Photo: © Chris Walter/Retna Ltd.8 of 17
- Photo: Starstock/Photoshot Photo/Retna Ltd.9 of 17
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP10 of 17
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP11 of 17
- Photo: Lenny Baker/Retna Digital12 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP13 of 17
- Photo: Splash News14 of 17
- Photo: RHODA BIRNDORF/Invision/AP15 of 17
- Photo: PIER PAOLO CITO/Invision/AP16 of 17
More Celeb News
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for BlumhMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:38:00 PM
- 'Heaven Is for Real' Reviews: Does the Faith-Based Film Make Believers Out of CritMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Fox responds to Bryan Singer abuse allegationsMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 3:54:00 PM
- Scandal Star Columbus Short's Wife Files for DivorceMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:59:00 PM
- Check Out Dave Chappelle's New Buff LookMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:38:00 PM
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for Blumh
Despite an emotional day, Bobby Brown managed to put on a smile for concertgoers when he took the stage with New Edition at Mohegan Sun Arena in Montville, Conn. Saturday.
Brown, who prematurely left Whitney Houston's funeral services in Newark, NJ earlier that day, made sure to pay tribute to his ex-wife during her "home going" weekend.
"I want to give blessing to my ex-wife Whitney Houston. I love you," Brown, 43, said, pointing his finger in the air, before the concert got underway. "Thank you for all the love and if you didn't already know, I go by the name of 'Bad A**' Bobby Brown," he added.
A source tells Us Weekly that the R&B singer put on quite the performance for his 12,000 longtime fans in the arena as he and group mates Ronnie DeVoe, Ricky Bell, Michael Bivins, Ralph Tresvant plus Johnny Gill danced and sang their major hits.
"Bobby seemed at ease to be in his fans' presence," the source says, adding that before New Edition performed their last song "Home Again," Brown was seen wiping tears from his face.
"We all have been through something in our lives," the singer told the audience in an emotion-filled speech. "All of us on this stage have been through something. I lost three people in my life in the past year, but nothing makes me happier than to be right here, right now."
Hours before arriving at the concert venue, Brown released a statement explaining what went down inside The New Hope Baptist Church after it was speculated he was kicked out.
"My children and I were invited to the funeral of my ex-wife Whitney Houston," he said, referring to his three kids from previous relationships Landon, La'princia, Robert Jr., plus Cassius, his two-year-old with fiance Alicia Etheridge. "We were seated by security and then subsequently asked to move on three separate occasions. I fail to understand why security treated my family this way and continue to ask us and no one else to move. Security then prevented me from attempting to see my daughter Bobbi Kristina. In light of the events, I gave a kiss to the casket of my ex-wife and departed as I refused to create a scene. My children are completely distraught over the events. This was a day to honor Whitney. I doubt Whitney would have wanted this to occur. I will continue to pay my respects to my ex-wife the best way I know how."
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Watch as Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley talk about their tumble during their routine.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite