Bobby Brown "Energetic and Smiling" at His Concert Night of Whitney Houston's FuneralRelated: Whitney Houston
- Photo: CHRISTINE NESBITT/AP1 of 17
- Photo: Mel Evans/AP2 of 17
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/AP3 of 17
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/AP4 of 17
- Photo: Rich Schultz/AP5 of 17
- Photo: Mel Evans/AP6 of 17
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/AP7 of 17
- Photo: © Chris Walter/Retna Ltd.8 of 17
- Photo: Starstock/Photoshot Photo/Retna Ltd.9 of 17
- Photo: Mel Evans/AP10 of 17
- Photo: Mel Evans/AP11 of 17
- Photo: Lenny Baker/Retna Digital12 of 17
- Photo: AP13 of 17
- Photo: Splash News14 of 17
- Photo: RHODA BIRNDORF/AP15 of 17
- Photo: PIER PAOLO CITO/AP16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Cannes Review: Robert Redford's Actions Speak Much Louder Than Words in 'All Is LoMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 11:48:12 AM
- Billy Crystal Pilot 'The Comedians' Gets Order From FX MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 11:30:15 AM
- Phase 4 Films Seals Financing Deal With Aver Media Finance (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 10:55:00 AM
- 'Twilight,' 'Iron Man 3' Lead First Wave of Teen Choice Awards NMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 10:25:15 AM
- Cannes: Top French Filmmaker Olivier Assayas to Make First U.S. FilmMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 10:01:06 AM
- Cannes Review: Robert Redford's Actions Speak Much Louder Than Words in 'All Is Lo
Despite an emotional day, Bobby Brown managed to put on a smile for concertgoers when he took the stage with New Edition at Mohegan Sun Arena in Montville, Conn. Saturday.
Brown, who prematurely left Whitney Houston's funeral services in Newark, NJ earlier that day, made sure to pay tribute to his ex-wife during her "home going" weekend.
"I want to give blessing to my ex-wife Whitney Houston. I love you," Brown, 43, said, pointing his finger in the air, before the concert got underway. "Thank you for all the love and if you didn't already know, I go by the name of 'Bad A**' Bobby Brown," he added.
A source tells Us Weekly that the R&B singer put on quite the performance for his 12,000 longtime fans in the arena as he and group mates Ronnie DeVoe, Ricky Bell, Michael Bivins, Ralph Tresvant plus Johnny Gill danced and sang their major hits.
"Bobby seemed at ease to be in his fans' presence," the source says, adding that before New Edition performed their last song "Home Again," Brown was seen wiping tears from his face.
"We all have been through something in our lives," the singer told the audience in an emotion-filled speech. "All of us on this stage have been through something. I lost three people in my life in the past year, but nothing makes me happier than to be right here, right now."
Hours before arriving at the concert venue, Brown released a statement explaining what went down inside The New Hope Baptist Church after it was speculated he was kicked out.
"My children and I were invited to the funeral of my ex-wife Whitney Houston," he said, referring to his three kids from previous relationships Landon, La'princia, Robert Jr., plus Cassius, his two-year-old with fiance Alicia Etheridge. "We were seated by security and then subsequently asked to move on three separate occasions. I fail to understand why security treated my family this way and continue to ask us and no one else to move. Security then prevented me from attempting to see my daughter Bobbi Kristina. In light of the events, I gave a kiss to the casket of my ex-wife and departed as I refused to create a scene. My children are completely distraught over the events. This was a day to honor Whitney. I doubt Whitney would have wanted this to occur. I will continue to pay my respects to my ex-wife the best way I know how."
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
Robert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Who Am I?
Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite