Bobby Brown "Mentally in a Good Place" in Rehab
- Photo: AR4/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.2 of 16
- Photo: Dan Jackman/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: BLACK/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Lenny Baker/Retna Digital9 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Splash News11 of 16
- Photo: RHODA BIRNDORF/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: PIER PAOLO CITO/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: JOE CAVARETTA/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: NC1/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Rodriguez gives it to viewers straight with El ReyMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 7:02:28 AM
- Efron: I'll Accept MTV Movie Award Shirtless!MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 6:37:00 AM
- Ruffalo and Bomer Kiss In 'The Normal Heart' TeaserMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 6:18:00 AM
- Liam Mulligan is on the case in 'Providence Rag'MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 5:49:00 AM
- Lena Dunham Reacts to Naked Critics Makes, Deletes Molestation Joke on TwitterMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:14:00 PM
- Rodriguez gives it to viewers straight with El Rey
Bobby Brown's prerogative? To get well.
As first reported on Tuesday evening, the 43-year-old R&B singer entered a rehabilitation facility last week.
A new statement from Brown's lawyer and rep to Us Weekly explains that the rehab stay is part of a deal Brown struck following his March 2012 DUI arrest.
"Mr. Brown takes his agreement very seriously," the statement reads, noting that Brown checked himself in following a honeymoon with new wife Alicia Etheredge and "break" from a reunion tour with his New Edition bandmates.
"Bobby is doing well and receiving services that comply with his agreement with the State of California," his attorney Christopher Brown said.
Added Etheredge, who wed Brown in June: "Bobby's children and loved ones are very proud of him. We appreciate his fans prayers and well wishes. Bobby is mentally in a good place."
Brown has struggled with drug and alcohol addiction on and off during his long career; he was thrust back into the headlines in February with the tragic death of his ex-wife Whitney Houston at age 48.
He and the beloved singer shared daughter Bobbi Kristina, 19. Brown and Etheredge have one child together, Cassius, 3, and Brown also is a father to Landon, 23, La'Princia, 22, and Bobby Jr., 19, from previous relationships.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite